Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Here's an oddball for you all.
I picked this up for $7 (inc s/h), assuming it was the Supreme Court Justice. Imagine my surprise to discover there were two Whizzer Whites - and this is the other one!
Oh well. It's a nice looking '54 Bowman common...

View attachment 99134
That is a nice looking 54 Bowman!!! I probably would have made the same mistake if I did not have a guide handy but $7 for that beauty is not much of a mistake.

I LOVE the little bear logo on that card!!! Just another example of the charm of vintage cards.

That is a nice looking 54 Bowman!!! I probably would have made the same mistake if I did not have a guide handy but $7 for that beauty is not much of a mistake.

I LOVE the little bear logo on that card!!! Just another example of the charm of vintage cards.
Even if I had a guide, I don't think I would have consulted it. What are the chances there was 2 different guys that played football? I have the 55 Topps AA Justice Byron R Whizzer White so I just figured it was the same guy.

BTW, there's also a Bill Walsh in that same set who was a center, not the HoF coach, that I bet a lot of people mistake for the other one.

here is one for today:

2024 Topps Series 1 Stars of MLB #SMLB-14 Bryce Harper Philadelphia Phillies

That Larry Allen RC Super Bowl parallel was the one card I hated giving up in our current trade. Rookie, HOFer and a hard to find parallel..........as Dr. Smith from Lost in Space would say..."The pain! The pain! Oh the pain!".
lol I was thinking the same, that I'm getting alot of GREAT Cowboys cards!

I have a love /hate relationship with Kellogg's cards. I love the looks of them but storage is a huge problem. How you prevent them from curling is one thing. Preventing them from cracking is yet another. Over all though, I really love those cards.

I know a lot of you guys post and brag about your big pulls. None of your big pulls compare to my first one. In 1970 I pulled a Kellogg's BOBBY MURCER from a Corn Flakes box......pretty sure it was Corn Flakes because my dad would not let us eat 'Sugary cereals". Being I was in Yankee country, I was the envy of all the card traaders on the rural Siouth New Berlin, NY school bus. I held out for a king's ransom for that card which knowing me back then probably consisted of a Willie Horton, a Jim Northrup, a Ray Oyler and a Don Wert!
Try to top that for a big hit.................TOUGH GUYS!