2009 Topps Question (Regarding 6 Degrees of Mantle)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loyalty32

HOF
5.00 star(s)
I'm guessing set builders would be the best people to ask about this. Does anyone out there know if Andre Dawson is mentioned on the back of anyone other than Max Scherzer's cards? Keith sent me the Scherzer base and I made a trade with Potvin for the Walmart Black. I picked up the Black /58 off eBay for just a couple bucks. I still need the Gold, the Target variation and the Platinum (ya right!) I'm curious to see if there are any other players out there I should be looking for? Any info is appreciated!

Thanks
Craig

MS09TV.jpg

I don't mean to jack your thread, Craig, but I would be interested to know if Sandberg is mentioned on any of these.

Tai

Hi Craig,
Old thread but I just came across this discussion. I've seen the 6 Degrees of Mantle blurb on the back of about a dozen different 09 Topps Chrome. I think it's a great feature. I've loved reading card backs for years and still do. If you need further info (such as which players' cards have this), LMK and I'll take a look at my cards to give you an answer.

Thanks, Rob.

Hi Craig,
Old thread but I just came across this discussion. I've seen the 6 Degrees of Mantle blurb on the back of about a dozen different 09 Topps Chrome. I think it's a great feature. I've loved reading card backs for years and still do. If you need further info (such as which players' cards have this), LMK and I'll take a look at my cards to give you an answer.

Thanks, Rob.

Robert,
I have yet to see any, but if you come across any with Ryne Sandberg listed, please let me know.

Tai

I'm not sure about Dawson... I want to check it out this weekend... but, Ryno is mentioned on the back of Theriot's card. It's in the actual paragraph, not in the 6 degrees thing.
I'll check out a bunch of my base this weekend, Craig.
-Casey

Robert,
I have yet to see any, but if you come across any with Ryne Sandberg listed, please let me know.

Tai

Sure, I'll keep an eye out. I opened a box of 2009 Topps Chrome a couple of weekends ago so I have most of the base set. I've seen some cool obscure names. So having received a flash of inspiration now, I've constructed one for you (thanks to a brief excursion through baseball-reference.com)!

Miguel Cairo played with Ryne Sandberg, who was traded to the Cubs with Larry Bowa, who played with Jim Bunning, who played with Gus Triandos, who played with Mickey Mantle.

This would be all fine and dandy but Cairo doesn't have a 2009 Topps Chrome card (does have a regular 2009 Topps though).;) And I think I did better than expected, making Cairo 5th-degree from Mantle. :D

Sure, I'll keep an eye out. I opened a box of 2009 Topps Chrome a couple of weekends ago so I have most of the base set. I've seen some cool obscure names. So having received a flash of inspiration now, I've constructed one for you (thanks to a brief excursion through baseball-reference.com)!

Miguel Cairo played with Ryne Sandberg, who was traded to the Cubs with Larry Bowa, who played with Jim Bunning, who played with Gus Triandos, who played with Mickey Mantle.

This would be all fine and dandy but Cairo doesn't have a 2009 Topps Chrome card (does have a regular 2009 Topps though).;) And I think I did better than expected, making Cairo 5th-degree from Mantle. :D

Very nice! :)

Tai