You know your getting old when......(baseball card edition)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

worldwideed

MVP
5.00 star(s)
........you can no longer read the copyright year on the back of the card.

Just found some turkey red cards and don't know if they are 05 or 06. THIS SUCKS!!!!! I guess it's a young mans hobby.

i was thinking this same thing the other day...i think they must be writing it in smaller fonts...lol...i'm going to have to invest in a magnifying glass or something...i can still read the older cards though, so I dont feel so bad lol.

i know the problem, have some mike mussina cards from various sets and yrs, and trying to figure out what yrs they belong too, even a magnafying glass doesnt really help

rob

That's one of the things I like about Upper Deck... they list the "make and model" above all of the small print.

I know what you mean. I always keep a magnifying glass near by when I am working on my collection or on 'The Bench'.

Rich

This hobby can help you feel old fast.

Remember how hot those 1990 Leaf cards were when they came out? The kids that graduated high school this last June don't, because most of them weren't born yet.

Remember the first set you put together from packs? Mine was 1985 Topps, that'll be 25 years ago in a few months.

Remember the Topps sticker books and the 25 cent packs of stickers? That was almost 30 years ago now. I used to be able to name all 26 teams, their home stadiums and their pennant/WS wins.

I have to use a magnfying glass thats next to my desk .Boy getting old is no fun. Shoot just ask chieftazmisty and pltcards. Now thats old .hehehehe

This hobby can help you feel old fast.

Remember how hot those 1990 Leaf cards were when they came out? The kids that graduated high school this last June don't, because most of them weren't born yet.

Remember the first set you put together from packs? Mine was 1985 Topps, that'll be 25 years ago in a few months.

Remember the Topps sticker books and the 25 cent packs of stickers? That was almost 30 years ago now. I used to be able to name all 26 teams, their home stadiums and their pennant/WS wins.

I remember buying 1975 Topps packs for 10 cents a pack and saving my allowance so I could buy a box

Basketball was always a hard one for me to figure out, especially the inserts. That's why I loved it when Fleer used to have the year right above their logo on the back.

And valediction - I do remember those '90 Leaf packs! I'll never forget my Dad paying $5 for a pack of '91 Stadium Club when they first came out. Guess what I pulled? A Frank Thomas! The guy he bought the pack from nearly fainted. Saw that card in a quarter bin not too long ago. Sad.