saw this on topps....this is CRAZY! inside job?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talk about cornering the market. It would be interesting to have the cards and only put ONE on ebay every so often. You'd make a fortune!

Tim

Look at his other auctions- has like 240 out of the 250 Xfractor auto's & another auction with 24 out of the 25 orange refractor auto's. Then has another lot with 500 of his regular base auto!!
Something very odd about this!!!!

Only completed listings for his auto are two redemption cards from 2008 Bowman Chrome- Wonder what the deal is!?

Talk about cornering the market. It would be interesting to have the cards and only put ONE on ebay every so often. You'd make a fortune!

Tim

I was thinking the same thing. Why would you auction all 480 off at the same time? Unless your trying to unload them all at one time, but wouldn't that cause suspicion of how you obtained 96% of the same card?

Todd

Evidently the seller is a reseller of lost freight. I guess the box from the player back to Topps was lost and the seller picked them up. I have a base redemption pending so I am not expecting to ever see it.

There's only one thing to do at a time like this...

261fc0a1bb712e1e_Picture_9.xlarge.jpg

"but before we go and get these bastards, we need a leader. But who?"

23a2274f3d714fc4

:D

not that i'm expecting a response ... but I did just shoot the seller a question on the lot ... i'll let ya'll know if he responds - erik

Evidently the seller is a reseller of lost freight. I guess the box from the player back to Topps was lost and the seller picked them up. I have a base redemption pending so I am not expecting to ever see it.

This is the most logical of explanations. My HOPE is that the seller of this auction is not a worker of the USPS or any otehr transit service that Topps uses.

Tim

This is the most logical of explanations. My HOPE is that the seller of this auction is not a worker of the USPS or any otehr transit service that Topps uses.

Tim

If this is the case......he would have all 500! I'm wondering if this is what happen to my 104 auto/gu cards that was mailed to blowoutcards. inc. Best regards, David

the thing is why would they mail it if all autos are in present of a rep??? wouldnt they just take them w/ them back to HQ?

If this is the case......he would have all 500! I'm wondering if this is what happen to my 104 auto/gu cards that was mailed to blowoutcards. inc. Best regards, David

He possibly does have all 500, etc. He may have only listed most of them. Or, the player may have kept some of each to pass out or for keepsakes. I don't see this as an inside job at Topps. One would have to be very, VERY stupid to steal from their employer, then sell them on eBay.....knowing that Topps has enough money to win the auction and find out who the seller is.

Tim

the thing is why would they mail it if all autos are in present of a rep??? wouldnt they just take them w/ them back to HQ?

Too many players sign for this to happen every time. I know that Bill Hall has his stickers/cards sent to him and he signs when he has time. Then he sends them back. That information came straight from the horse's mouth. Topps probably would have someone present for the high-profile guys - but I doubt they would send someone for every prospect that signs.

Tim

the post office does the same thing. every so often the main plant (think in san fran) sells "lots" of packeges w/ stuff in them. a box joe shmoe sends and the label falls off and they open the box to see if a recipt or something there they can trace the goods back too they send it back to them. IF nothing inside it goes in a "pile" and they go up for auction. a person bids on a "pile" (i dont know how much is in a pile could be a hamper full or a semi full for all i know) and the buyers gets whats every in the pile. they dont (the buyer) get to go through the stuff. its a blind auction. so could be great stuff or crap. this could very well be why he has alot of mix of stuff for sale. dunno but could be the reason.

Too many players sign for this to happen every time. I know that Bill Hall has his stickers/cards sent to him and he signs when he has time. Then he sends them back. That information came straight from the horse's mouth. Topps probably would have someone present for the high-profile guys - but I doubt they would send someone for every prospect that signs.

Tim

I know that with the Bowman auto's of first year guys, a rep will meet the guys with the cards & watch them sign. I was present a couple years ago when I saw a minor league player signing his bowman chrome cards in the lobby of a hotel. I went over & talked with him & the rep. & checked out the cards. It was pretty cool- even held the 1/1 superfractor! lol
So it really makes me wonder how this person on ebay got ahold of all of them & shocked that topps doesn't do anything about it, especially if they were available through redemption. What are they going to give all the people who sent in the redemption cards??