For those who love their kids, and have too much money

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tglg

MVP
5.00 star(s)
20 minutes away from Busch Stadium, home of the St
Got this from Steiner Sports today. When I think of "100 lucky kids", I sure wasn't thinking I was going to have to lay out that kind of loot. I thought maybe they would be lucky by being selected or winning a contest, LOL. Without much more ado, I give you the email:

2009 Derek Jeter Kids Clinic
Steiner Sports is proud to offer you the opportunity to watch your son or daughter play ball with Derek Jeter! Although he has a little work to do over the next week or so, Jeter will be ready to go on Sunday, December 6th! That’s when he will instruct 100 lucky kids at the 2009 Derek Jeter Kids Clinic.

Each child will be allowed to bring 2 chaperones along to watch and take pictures/video. The clinic will consist of 5 stations, broken up by age, where the kids will work on hitting, fielding, pitching, base running, etc. Afterwards, there will be a Q&A session with Jeter. Also, joining Derek Jeter will be Colorado Rockies Short Stop, Troy Tulowitzki! Complete details are listed below. If interested in reserving a spot in this year’s clinic, please contact Brett direct at 914-307-1075. Have a great day!

Breakdown of Event

When: Sunday, December 6, 2009

Time: 12:00pm-1:30pm (check in will begin at 11:00am)

Who: Derek Jeter, Troy Tulowitzki, 1 additional Yankees Player TBD.

Where: New York, NY

Spots Available: 100 Total (kids must be ages 7-12)

What You Get: 1 Child, 2 Chaperones, Commemorative Gift Bag (includes Signed 16x20 Photo of Derek Jeter), Food & Drinks, Group Photo with Derek Jeter

Price: $2,250 per child

-Brett (914-307-1075)

Makes me wonder if he will refuse to sign autographs, since it is not mentioned anywhere in the description and that each kid gets a 16x20.

Money to burn...why not? However, $2K/Hr is a pretty steep price for baseball instruction!

If anyone is going, try to get me a signed 96 Topps card!!! Still need that stupid card for my trophy collection!

Would be nice if the $225,000 would all go to charity. And maybe it does. But I unfortunately am not in a position to spend that kind of loot for an hour that I will have to share with 299 other people. Maybe if I were, I wouldn't think it is that high.

Oh, and does Tulowitzki have a card with a topps rookie trophey on it? If so, maybe you can knock out two birds at one appearance.

Man that better go to charity, I dont know what Jeter would need $225,000 more dollars for.