Review Topps 09 Updates and Highlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps 09 Updates and Highlights​

36 packs - 10 cards to the pack

'1 Autograph or Relic Per Box!'

No info at the time of this writing on the Topps website: www.topps.com

I received the following:

281 unique base cards - no dupes!!!

jpg135.jpg

These are numbered UH1 thru UH330 and are the continuation of the regular Topps base set. Printed on bright white stock with a glossy front - the reverse has complete player stats - the card number is hard to read p especially on the cards with blue on the back.

Inserts

jpg136.jpg

These are also a continuation from previous sets - with the exception of the 'Victory' insert. This insert is available - in it's original form on line - toppsonline.com
Victory - 6 cards
Legends of the Game - 6 cards
Ring of Honor - 6 cards

jpg141.jpg

Turkey Red - 9 cards
Topps Gold - 12 cards

jpg138-1.jpg

Frank Robinson - SP

Box Topper

jpg139.jpg

Landon Powell - Chrome Refractor

All Star Jersey
jpg140.jpg

Francisco Cordero

This issue will be nearly 'required' if you have Series 1 and Series 2 - lots-o-updates in this set. Again, the photography is crisp and pretty much spectacular.

Please change the numbering... move it, make it bold, make it bigger, make it white, something - but make the numbers easier to read.

Overall grade A+ excellent addition to the regular Series 1 & 2 !!

Go buy several boxes and send the All Star jsys of Hamilton and Longoria to me!!

Duane

intereted in the parra gold
did you get any base of
gerardo parra, both
daniel schlereth
daniel schlereth/mark schlereth
emilio bonifacio

rob

intereted in the parra gold
did you get any base of
gerardo parra, both
daniel schlereth
daniel schlereth/mark schlereth
emilio bonifacio

rob

Parra gold - yours
Parra reg and highlight - yours
D. Schlereth - reg - yours
E. Bonifacio - yours

sorry, no M. Schlereth

Duane

Duane, Did you pull a Gold #54 Vin Mazzaro? I can also use the Chrome Landon Powell.

thanks
Dan

Hello,

I bought a blaster box from Target today and two of the packs had the regular update fronts except it has the 2010 Topps logo and the back of the card is the same except it is not glossy, it is brown cardboard. The cards are still numbered with the UH and they are not serial numbered. Just curious if you know what the name of these cards are? these are the cards with the variation I pulled

UH2 Felipe Lopez
UH11 Daniel Schlereth
UH28 Matt Murton
UH51 Jesus Guzman
UH57 Juan Uribe
UH61 Jamie Hoffman
UH103 Evan Longoria
UH108 Chris Tillman
UH126 Matt Tolbert
UH159 Chad Billingsley
UH215 Felix Hernandez
UH266 Jonathan Bronxton
UH 299 Ryan Langerhans

Is anybody still looking for base or inserts from this set? Just busted a box yesterday and everything is for trade.

They are the Throwback parallels which are in some Target blasters. It is on the front of the blaster that it has two packs of throwback parallels, if it isn't on the box there will be all regular cards in the blaster. Walmart has two packs of black background parallels in some blasters; again, it is noted on the front of the box.
Hello,

I bought a blaster box from Target today and two of the packs had the regular update fronts except it has the 2010 Topps logo and the back of the card is the same except it is not glossy, it is brown cardboard. The cards are still numbered with the UH and they are not serial numbered. Just curious if you know what the name of these cards are? these are the cards with the variation I pulled

UH2 Felipe Lopez
UH11 Daniel Schlereth
UH28 Matt Murton
UH51 Jesus Guzman
UH57 Juan Uribe
UH61 Jamie Hoffman
UH103 Evan Longoria
UH108 Chris Tillman
UH126 Matt Tolbert
UH159 Chad Billingsley
UH215 Felix Hernandez
UH266 Jonathan Bronxton