Review Topps T-206 - 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps T-206 - 2009

20 packs - 8 cards per pack
'Two Autographs and/or Relics Per Box'

I received the following in this box:

135 unique base cards - NO duplicates!!!! YES!!!!

jpg165.jpg

All of the base cards are printed on 'aged' looking stock. The front features a drawing/picture of the player and the reverse has one short sentence of info of a highlight of the player. The set is 300 cards strong with some SP's (I think!) The set also features some great cards of the legends of the game - Cobb, Ruth, Mathewson, to name a few - very cool.

Inserts

In each pack one receives a thick parallel bronze bordered card and a mini card.

jpg166.jpg

In addition, one can find SP's of certain cards....

I received 4 in this box

Utley, Mathewson, Rasmus, and Kawakami

jpg168.jpg

jpg169.jpg

Here is an example of the Utley cards.

Mantle Checklists...

jpg170.jpg

7 total checklists - I received 5 of the 7.

Mini's - Various Backs

jpg171.jpg
jpg172.jpg

Hoffman & Cust - Polar Bear
Ramirez - Old Mill
Renteria - Cycle #ed to 99
Ruth - Piedmont - printed on thicker white stock

Game Used

jpg173.jpg

Miguel Tejada

Autograph

jpg174.jpg

Denard Span

In the vein of A&G, Topps 206 is another hit with most collectors. I would like to supply a list of SP's, and as soon as Topps sends me one, I will post it here on The Bench. This should be a good set to collate and save. I really like the inclusion of the legends of the game. (In my personal box, I pulled a Honus Wagner mini - could only wish it was the real one!!)

The auto I received is an on the card auto - YES!!!! 80% of all of the autos are included in the boxes - only 20% are redemptions. The auto is a blue Sharpee on the card.

If one is going to attempt to collect a set of the mini's or the bronze parallels... you're going to need to purchase a few boxes to get a good start on the sets.

Overall grade A+

Go buy several boxes and send the Longoria mini's, parallels, GU, and autos to me!!

Duane

Last edited:
I picked up 4 or 5 packs of this and didn't really like it...was hoping for more of a vintage feel to them...i think the whole A&G thing is starting to get a little worn out, and thats a shame because on it's own it's a great set if done ONCE a year...but this year round A&G is just getting old...guess the card companies didn't learn a thing from the 80's did they? Just crank it out as much as you can. Mayo, Goodwin's, T206, Philadelphia, Heritage, Chicle...it's all starting to become a blur....

I stopped by the shop yesterday and newly in was topps 206 and I hadnt seen them up close but it was almost time to close so I grabbed a box. The minis are great and out of a box and I got several hits including a Jackie Robinson Silk, Ichiro JSY, Wagner Gold Mini, and RC Auto. But I think they went a little far trying to make the reg cards look older. I dont like the bleeding colors and the simplification of the info on the back. I wish there was more info on the older players. I was limiting myself to putting a simple set together but may go for the mini. I could definitely use any SP you have. I hope the next box I have coming turns out as good if not better.

Last edited:
I can really use the Denard Span AU. Please check my site and LMK if you see anything you like. Thanks for sharing

Did you happen to pull any Jeremy Guthries from this product?
I believe he is #271, not 100% sure however.
Thanks again for another review! I'm going to have to try a box of this!
Zac