2010 Topps Platinum NFL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2010 Topps Platinum NFL​

Topps Sell Sheet For a 24 Pack Retail box, I opened a 24 Hobby Box

Per Box Items: (Hobby Box)
24 Packs per Box
5 Cards per Box
2 Autographed RC Refractors
1 Autographed Patch Relic

The standard sized cards have a full color action shot of the player over a silver background on the card front. The border-less cards have the set name, player name and team name on the top and and bottom of the front. The card backs are picture-less. The clean designed backs list moderate biographical information, last year and career statistics, and moderate to extensive career highlights and analysis. While the veteran cards are silver foil, the Rookies are treated to chrome. Th RC card fronts carry the RC logo and the player picture is outlined in "billet" style.

What I Pulled:
120 Unique cards
112/165 Base cards - 68%
2 Serial numbered RC Refractors
3 Platinum RC variations
2 Autographed RC Refractors
1 Autographed Patch Relic

Base Card Front and Back:
PlatinumBase.jpg

The Inserts:
RC Refractor Mike Williams #/999
RC White Refractor Eric Berry #/499
Platinum Refractor RC Variations (thicker stock) Sean Canfield, Carlton Mitchell, Colt McCoy
Platinuminserts.jpg

The Hits:
RC Auto Refractor Derrick Morgan #/1099
RC Auto Blue Refractor Aaron Hernandez #/599
RC Auto Patch Refractor Jahvid Best #/200
PlatinumHits2.jpg

PlatinumHit.jpg

This premium issue from Topps is sure to be a hit! Sharp photography, awesome hits and inserts, tons of RCs and no duplicates are all huge wins. While I am a fan of simple and clean designs and both the base and RC cards look good, I have mixed feelings about getting both chrome and non-chrome cards in the same pack. The chrome cards will curl after a while and are much glossier on both the front and back than the base cards. I will not go so far as to use the term "marking cards," but when the whole set is viewed from the top or side, you can definitely tell where the chrome RC cards are. I absolutely LOVE the horizontal layout of the hits! For as sharp as the design of these cards is though, the quality of the auto simply does not meet the standard the cards beg for. I mean seriously, at every RC premier photo shoot, players should be required to take a session on how to sign autographs. These autos are not what fans deserve.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2010 Topps Platinum NFL a BUY rating. You will be able to complete the entire base set with two hobby boxes. You can possibly get the base set if you are good at trading and flipping your inserts and hits. Tons of RC cards and big hits make for an exciting box. Just make sure to trade your Tebow cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 3/5
Big-hit Hunter: 5/5
Prospector Hunter:5/5
Overall Design: 4/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Re-buy: 5/5
Overall Quality: 4/5

Overall: 36/40 (90% = A)

As always I am offering base cards to members of The Bench for a SASE

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Last edited:
That Jahvid Best is awesome Tal!
I'm sorry I forgot to mail the sase out for those clausen's.. just been busy with school.
I'll get it out as soon as I can.

If that Jahvid comes for trade, I'd love to get my hands on it.
I do have the rookie of Tebow from this product and the Cross Training Insert of his from Rookies & Stars if intersted.