2010 Topps Magic Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2010 Topps Magic Football

Per Box Items:
24 packs per box
8 cards per pack
3 autograph cards

The standard sized base cards feature a color action shot of the player. The picture is a combination "photo-art." While brush strokes are are not visible, they are not true photographs. Bordered in white, the card fronts have the set name/logo in the top corner and the player name and team logo in a bar on the bottom. The card backs are a non-glossy white card stock with a black and white photo of the team's city skyline. Very basic biographical information and moderate career highlights are also listed. The team logo is again on the card back with a trivia question about the player.

What I pulled:
192 unique cards - no duplicates
3/3 checklists
165 base set cards = 164/248 67% of the base set
24 mini cards - one per pack
2 History's Best Inserts
4 RC Stars
6 Magical Moments
3 Autos
and a Tebow RC! :)

Base card front and back:
ToppsMagicbase.jpg

The Inserts:
History's Best
Favre, Hornung
RC Stars
Best, Bradford, Bryant, McCluster
Magical Moments
TO, Wilson, Brees, Greene, Moss, Brady
Mini Black Border
Smith, Reed, McClain, Berrian
Serial #/ed Mini
Sayers #/50
ToppsMagicInserts.jpg

The Hits:
Peerman Auto
Okoye Auto
McGahee Auto
ToppsMagicHits.jpg

Keeping with the a retro/throwback theme, Topps hopes for some Magic with their latest football release. I have to be honest, and this is just a personal preference, but I am not a fan of the photo-art. I like either oblivious art rendering pictures or photographs. Some people may like the design though. What I feel is one of the strongest points is the awesome mix of RC, veteran players and retired stars. The quality and collation are good and the stated hits were right on. The autos are sticker autos, but do not detract from the card. 2010 Topps Magic is a solid entry level product and should be popular with both set collectors and retro set fans.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2010 Topps Prime a buy rating. It will take a few boxes and lots of trading if you are going to the base set, but the inserts and hits are way cool! Buy a box and trade your Tebow cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 4/5
Big-hit Hunter: 3/5
Prospector Hunter:4/5
Overall Design: 4/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 5/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 34/40 (85% = A)

As always I am offering base cards to members of The Bench for a SASE

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Hey, did you get a James Starks? He is card #24 in the base set.

Hey, did you get a James Starks? He is card #24 in the base set.

Sorry, no.

Could use any Raiders or Niners...

Anyone in particular? card #'s

Thanks for the review Tal. Congrats on the Tebow. LMK if you pulled any of these.

12 39 155

Thanks, Brett

Non of those, I I did already pull some other Dolphins for your stack.

Tal, nice pull on the Tebow RC, is that Breet Favre Insert available ?
PLMK tom
[email protected]

It is yours. I will send it out with your other card from our trade.

If the McCoy is available, I would like to put in a request for him. Thanks.

Already pulled for you!

hey i got 3 or 4 tebows from magic i need all the /50 minis and black minis u can trade im building both sets in those