2010 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2010 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects

Per Box Items:
24 packs per box
7 cards per pack
2 Bowman Chrome cards per pack
1 Autographed Bowman Chrome card per box

The standard sized cards feature full color action shots of the player. The Bowman Draft Picks (BDP) cards are bordered in black with a green pinstripe. The Bowman Draft Picks Prospects (BDPP) are white bordered with gray and blue pin-striping. The set name/logo, player name and team logo are all located in the corners of both card fronts. The player name and team logo are reversed on the BDPP cards. The fronts of both cards are very glossy. The BDPP cards also have a facsimile autograph. The backs of both cards are similar with both having a horizontal layout. Both card backs list moderate biographical information and moderate career highlights. The team logo is also present on both card backs. The BDP back is trimmed in black and the BDPP back is trimmed in white.

What I Pulled:
168 unique cards
2 checklists
3 duplicates
BDP 47 base cards = 47/110 = 43% of the base set
BDP Chrome 24 base cards = 24/110 = 22% of the base set
BDPP 70 base cards = 70/110 = 64% of the base set
BDPP Chrome 17 base cards = 15/110 = 15% of the base set
2 other (see below)
4 serial numbered parallel/refractor cards
1 Autographed Bowman Chrome card

Base card fronts:
BowmanBase.jpg

The Inserts:
BDP Chrome Blue refractor #/199 Heyward
BDP Chrome refractor Moore
BDPP Blue parallel #/399 Landry
BDPP Chrome refractor Colon
Bowmaninserts.jpg

The Hit:
BDPP Chrome Red refractor on-card auto Delino DeShields #/5!
BowmanHit.jpg

2010 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects is another product form Bowman where you can pull two different sets from a box, or it is four? I may be alone in this, but I like buying a box of Bowman, then later buying a box of Bowman Chrome. This box is like a jack of all trades, good at a lot but a master of none. This product offers good photography, a simple clean card card design making for a good looking card and good inserts, parallels and a hit. I really do like the USA flag background for the BDPP USA national team members. The two cards that I thought were odd appear to be a case of double numbering. BDPP #57 and #58 according to the checklist and the actual cards I pulled are USA national team members (and flag background cards) Albert Almora and Cole Billingsley. The rest of the USA national team member cards do not start until #93. I also pulled regular base set designed card numbered BDPP #58 Cody Hawn. The players look nothing alike. Double numbering? Error? Un-announced SP?

The Bottom Line:
I give 2010 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects a buy rating. This is a product clearly designed for prospectors. You will need all of three boxes plus trading to come close to completing both, I mean all four base sets.

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 3/5
Big-hit Hunter: 4/5
Prospector Hunter:5/5
Overall Design: 4/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 4/5

Overall: 33/40 (83% = B)

As always I am offering base and insert cards to members of The Bench for a SASE

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Tal -
I'll send an SASE for any Braves. What would you need for the Heyward?

Thanks for the great reviews.

I'm down to needing any of these to complete my set if you pulled any.

2010 Bowman Draft Chrome needs:
BDP 3,8,10,12,15,19,23,25,26,37,47,48,51,53,56,57,58,61,
BDPP 1,2,3,8,10,15,20,29,31,34,35,40,42,43,47,48,49,50, 53,54,61,62,63,64,66,71,73,78,83,92,94,97,98,100,103,106,109.

Thanks,
Al

Tremendous Red Auto pull there!!!

Tim,

Just mailed out a SASE this morning for any Pirates you pulled from Bowman Platinum. If you pulled any from this break, any chance you could throw them in that envelope too? :)

- Tim

I'd take any Posey or Pujols if there are any, I'd also like the castro card if possible.