Getting organized...a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weddlz

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
OK, I have been around for a short time and my collection is getting bigger. I am trying to get it as organized as possible. I have fabricated a few boxes/trays to hold my cards to help manage sorting (see pic). I have several questions about how others keep organized?
Where do you get complete checklists for various cards once they are all announced? I just noticed Baseballcardpedia :)
I notice a lot of people use Free-webs for lists and such, but what is the easiest way to put an excel file out there? My collection is in Excel.
Is there a better site than photobucket for pictures? I have been scanning my favorite cards and I have quite a few.

I just wanted to say thanks to all here and for making this a great site!

DSCN0845_571.jpg

OK, I have been around for a short time and my collection is getting bigger. I am trying to get it as organized as possible. I have fabricated a few boxes/trays to hold my cards to help manage sorting (see pic). I have several questions about how others keep organized?
Where do you get complete checklists for various cards once they are all announced? I just noticed Baseballcardpedia :)
I notice a lot of people use Free-webs for lists and such, but what is the easiest way to put an excel file out there? My collection is in Excel.
Is there a better site than photobucket for pictures? I have been scanning my favorite cards and I have quite a few.

First I like the boxes that you made, you seem to know what you are doing with those.

As far as your Excel documents. I think you can import them into Google Docs, which I prefer over any of the other web hosts out there.

I've stopped using photobucket and have switched to google photos for my picture hosting. If you click on the link in my sig you can see what the layout looks like.

It's just my personal taste but having all of your info in one place is very easy. Plus the firewall at work does not block google. :D

First off, wow I want some of those boxes! lol I have been wanting to do some of those for a while but I don't have the means to make any. Secondly, I second the previous comment as Google makes a good host for documents.

Thanks guys. Those boxes were made with a router and circular saw. Cheap 1x6 and 1/4" panel I had laying around. I have patches I've been gathering to place on the outside of the boxes.

I already got the file uploaded into Google. Excellent idea!

Nice work on the boxes. I use the cardboard boxes you can get at a local card shop, and i've also purchased some (along with top loaders, etc.) from NWCard Supplies, which is on The Bench. I fixed my shed up and turned it into a "hobby shed", equipped with some of the wire shelving from Lowes. 30,000 cards takes up a lot of space!

As far as excel, that's what I recommend to cataloge your cards, so nice work on that. You can pretty much do anything with that, sort them, create lists with a couple of clicks! I use Freewebs as my trade site, and i'm not familiar with any other sites. I have dial-up, so uploading images is too much of a time-consuming option for me right now...I can't wait for some sort of DSL to make it's way to my area!

Everyone here has great ways of organizing their collections, some more innovative. You seem to have added to that with your custom made boxes. Again, very nice!