Review 2011 Topps Tribute - MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Tribute - MLB​

6 packs per box // 5 cards per pack
'One Relic or Autographed card #ed to 99 or less in every pack!'

I received the following:

16 premium base cards - no dupes!!:D

jpg227.jpg

Tribute is an ultra premium issue. The cards are highly reflective and printed on very thick stock. The photos are sharp. The lettering is in gold foil - looks great! The reverse has 3-4 highlights of the player's career - no stats.

Inserts

jpg228.jpg

Blue Parallels - #ed to 199
J. Lester
T. Speaker
M. Ott
Vlad
Green Parallels - #ed to 75
Dizzy Dean
Gold Parallels - #ed to 50
Josh Hamilton

Autos // Relics

jpg229.jpg

Yaz #ed to 99 - dual g/u bat
Johnny Mize #ed to 75 - dual g/u bat

jpg230.jpg

C. Ripken Jr - auto/bat #ed to 99
M. Stanton - auto/jsy #ed to 75

jpg231.jpg

Hank Aaron - #ed to 99 - auto/3 g/u bat

jpg232.jpg

Miguel Cabrera #ed to 24 - dual patch
Pastime Patches

What a box!! Hank Aaron / Cal Ripken / Cabrera dual patch -- excellent pulls!! One can only hope that each box has inserts like this. The autos are all stickers - but the cards are designed for the stickers - embedded - excellent!

The player collector should really like Tribute - base, blue, green, gold, black (#ed to 10) plus 1/1's. I also like the inclusion of the historical players. Baseball, unlike most other sports, is a history laden sport with records most baseball fans can quote - 511, 714, 755, 70, 61, 2131 to name a few.

The set collector might have a small hill to climb - only receiving 16 base - ebay will be your friend.

Overall grade A+ -- maybe an extra pack or two in a box for the set builder...

Go buy several boxes and send the Longoria's and Hamilton's to me!!

Duane

Very nice! I like the symmetry in the Cabrera patches.

If you're trading, I'd love a shot at the Vlad or Wright (preferably Vlad, but would be interested in either) if available.

Thanks,
Andrew

This is a great set. Nice box break!!

I would love a shot at any of these if you happened to pull them:

26 Robin Yount
87 Johnny Bench
91 Warren Spahn
97 Rollie Fingers

Thanks for the review,
John

Duane, if the Ripken Autograph is not smeared, I would like to buy or trade for it from you to pick up as a Birthday gift.
If your at $50.00 for it, let me know, and I'll take it, as long as it isn't smeared.
Otherwise if you want Teixeira or Pence or even J.R., I should have some autographs of all 3 players and could work a trade/paypal or pure trade deal for it.

Also if you pulled a Koufax Base, or any Brooklyn Dodgers Base or Baltimore O's.. I would like to get them for my P.C.

Thanks,
Zac

Wowie Duane....those are SWEET......

Did you pull a Kaline by chance?? What can I get you for that Miggy???
Ty again for all of your cards you have sent to me....but I'm not letting you do anything this time lol....NO WAY.......so plmk via pm if you would....
Thanks again my friend.
Diane