Review 2011 Gypsy Queen - MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2011 Gypsy Queen - MLB

24 packs - 10 cards per pack - plus a 10 card mini pack

'Look for Signed-on-card autographs and relic cards // Find mini-parallel cards and rare back variations!'

I received the following in my box:

184 unique base cards and NO DUPLICATES!!:D
61% of the base set of 300.

jpg233.jpg

Gypsy Queen is printed on off white card stock and the photos are art-photos. The reverse has a very short synopsis of the player's career and/or highlight of his career. These are good looking cards and one should not have too much of a difficulty to complete the base set.

The Short Prints are numbered 301-350. I received only 5 in my box.

Inserts

Mini Parallels

jpg234.jpg

With the inclusion of the 10 card mini box, I received a total of 34 minis in various forms.
Regular minis - 24
Gypsy Queen back - 4
Black mini - 2
HH, FS, GO - 3
Sepia (#ed to 99) - 1 - Mariano Rivera

jpg235.jpg

I must admit, I am not patient enough to determine if I have some of the variants of the minis.... sorry.

Great Ones
Home Run Heroes
Future Stars

jpg236.jpg

Pretty cool inserts, - especially if you are a real fan of the game - I received 6 of each of these.

Paper Frames - #ed to 999

jpg241.jpg

I received 6 of these as well.... my favorite insert of the bunch!!

Gypsy Queen Queens

jpg237.jpg

I got the 'kid' - Halaveni, Thiroc(?)

There are 4 variations of each card - base, Tarot back, auto, and jewel.

Game Used - Relics

jpg238.jpg

Matt Holliday - mini GU
Jason Werth

Auto - on card!!

jpg239.jpg

'Mr. Smiley' - Brett Cecil

Printing Plate 1/1

jpg240.jpg

Ian Kennedy
Cyan Plate

WOW - the master set builder has a job on their hands. Lots-o-inserts!! However, the player collector will have a lot of fun chasing down each of the parallels of their various players. The set builder should not have too much difficulty building the base set... the SP's - coming only 5-6 per box might prove to be a small hill to climb.

Autos - on card and they look great! I only received one auto in this box. Topps has had a problem with pre-distribution promising 2 autos in each hobby box. If you did not receive 2 in your box, send the UPC code from your box to Topps to receive your additional auto.

The inserts and the set itself, really capture the history of the game. Mel Ott, Hornsby, Ruth, Jackson, Musial, O. Smith, plus many more are included in the set and inserts.

Overall Grade A- only one auto and only 5 SP's....

Go buy several boxes and send the league leading Rays inserts to me!!

**Post your wantlists on this thread, and if I can help you with your set, I will.**

Duane

If you pulled any Joba Chamberlain or Phil Hughes, would like to put in a request for it. Thank you and nice break and review!

Thanks. I really appreciate the quality HOF stuff they're going with these days. Love the pose on the Ott. Awesome Rivera.

Hi, if you happened to pull ony of these Ike Davis PLMK
2011 Topps Gypsy Queen #322 Framed paper #/999 Not listed yet (?)
2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini #322
2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Sepia #322 ser#/99
2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Leather #322 ser#/10
2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Red Gypsy Queen Back #322

Wow...you got the Kaline.....I love this set, too, Duane...although I can't put it together...so just trying to get my guys...

What can I send you for the Kaline /999??
PLMK...thanks for the reviews as always....
Diane

Nice break!

I am looking for:

- Any Home Run Heroes, regular-sized or mini cards
- Any David Wright and Mickey Mantle (except Mantle's base, which I have)