Are we allowed to sell cards we have incoming?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

It's part of the reason why case breaks are not allowed, the potential for the item not coming in as promised can create headaches for trying to deal with restitution.

I wouldn't advise in selling anything you don't have because item may arrive damaged or even get lost in the mail.

Trust one of our former MODs as he is absolutely correct with this. We do not allow selling, or trading, of cards or items that are not in hand.

Thanks for asking before you proceeded.

Thanks guys and gals

this may help your need money predicament. When i have a lot incoming i generally post a thread to see whose interested. i make deals with people but tell them not to pay me until the lot is in an i can make sure the cards are in good shape. you wont get your money until they are in but that way the day they are in you have deals ready to go and if the cards look good you pm the person and get paid. you still have to wait until they are in but you can get money much quicker that way.

At least you made it public that the items are not in hand. That would be the best way to proceed.

There is no way anyone could know if you have the items or not (unless you admit it), so you obviously COULD sell them before you receive them, but it is ill advised. As noted, you run the very real risk of not receiving the cards or having them arrive not as advertised and they you have to deal with your buyer, making yourself look bad.

I don't even like talking about items until I have them in hand, such as in the recent pick-up thread or such. Occasionally, I have won something on ebay and it either didn't arrive (lost, seller claims they didn't have it anymore/can't find it) or it was damaged and I had to return it. It is bad enough not to get something you really wanted, but it would be even worse if I talked up the item and then it didn't arrive!

I won a 1984 Topps Traded set last week. Got it for a fair price. Came home Friday to find a padded envelope in the mail box. The seller must have taken the set, still inside the box, and put it in an envelope. Needless to say, the set is complete, but the box was in 4 pieces, and the cards were strewn in every direction and loose inside the envelope. Over half the set has damage (creases or dinged corners). Renders it pretty much useless. Sent the seller an email, but no response yet.

So to me, I guess you never know for sure what you are getting until it is in hand.