1960 Shopsy's Sparky Anderson (Autographed)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hgladman

Bench Warmer
I have recently come into (temporary) possession of an album containing 21 cards of the 1960 Toronto Maple Leafs baseball team produced by Shopsy's. The only real known player is Sparky Anderson. Is anyone familiar with this set and its value? Is it in any price guide? I've found a checklist for the 23 card set on a couple of sites and I've found one person selling 11 of them for $299 each ($999 for Sparky), but I don't know if this reflects their value or if the guy is just fishing. They are obviously very rare but being minor league cards, I guess they're not in great demand. I believe they were only given out at the games although my friend says her father was given then by an employee of the ball club back in 1960. He got Sparky Anderson to autograph his card sometime in the 90's at spring training in Florida.

I have recently come into (temporary) possession of an album containing 21 cards of the 1960 Toronto Maple Leafs baseball team produced by Shopsy's. The only real known player is Sparky Anderson. Is anyone familiar with this set and its value? Is it in any price guide? I've found a checklist for the 23 card set on a couple of sites and I've found one person selling 11 of them for $299 each ($999 for Sparky), but I don't know if this reflects their value or if the guy is just fishing. They are obviously very rare but being minor league cards, I guess they're not in great demand. I believe they were only given out at the games although my friend says her father was given then by an employee of the ball club back in 1960. He got Sparky Anderson to autograph his card sometime in the 90's at spring training in Florida.

Found this from an auctioning site:
http://www.milehighcardco.com/LotDe...=0&lotsperpage=ALL&category=1&seo=1960-Shopsy

Looks like getting them all graded highly could pull around $1,000. I'm not sure whether that card being autographed would help or hurt it since it is so rare