Combining Posts - A growing trend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
FAQ said:
Consolidating Posts
Please combine your posts whenever possible.

For example, if you are collecting two different sets, create one Thread for the two sets, not two Threads.

We ask for you to combine posts to keep the boards uncluttered. It also falls under the courtesy to other traders as far as the bumping rules are concerned(having to only bump one thread instead of multiple ones)

Lately there has been a growing trend here on The Bench and it needs to stop.
Combining your threads is essential to keeping the trading boards less cluttered and easier to use.

EXAMPLE:

"USER A" Starts 5 Threads In "Baseball FT/FS" Forum
Thread 1: "Albert Pujols 2 card lot 2.50 DLVD"
Thread 2: "Derek Jeter 5 Card lot 4 DLVD"
Thread 3: "Joe Schmo 3 Card lot 3 DLVD"
Thread 4: "Bobs Yeruncle 2 card lot 2 DLVD"
Thread 5: "Tony Danza 1 card lot .01 DLVD"

User A Should have made 1 Thread titled "Star Player Lots FS (Pujols, Jeter, Schmo, etc.) starting at .01 DLVD!' Or something along those lines.

As quoted above directly from the FAQ, Consolidating Posts is a Bench Policy and will be enforced as such, Please keep this in mind when posting on the boards!

Thanks,
Mod Team

Yes, this is much needed. The problem is most people won't even read this thread or the FAQ's.

While I understand this is an issue, there is a MUCH bigger problem of members putting topics in the wrong threads.

For example, if you don't get an autograph success, it should NOT go in the autograph successes forum.

If you are trading football cards for baseball cards, the thread should go in the football for trade/sale forum, not the baseball for trade/sale forum (or it should at least go in the baseball wants forum)

While I understand this is an issue, there is a MUCH bigger problem of members putting topics in the wrong threads.

For example, if you don't get an autograph success, it should NOT go in the autograph successes forum.

If you are trading football cards for baseball cards, the thread should go in the football for trade/sale forum, not the baseball for trade/sale forum (or it should at least go in the baseball wants forum)

I agree that this is ocurring frequently. We move to many of these threads to the correct forums. These types of threads may end up being deleted and hopefully the posters can figure out which forum they should have been posted in, in the first place.

You can always report a post and the moderators will be notified.

I agree that this is ocurring frequently. We move to many of these threads to the correct forums. These types of threads may end up being deleted and hopefully the posters can figure out which forum they should have been posted in, in the first place.

You can always report a post and the moderators will be notified.

Ok, will do. When I first became a member here I received a "Warning" for having a game used card success INCLUDED with an autograph success in the same thread. Now I see people making threads just for a game used success.

moderators,

i admit i am guilty of this, but the BIGGEST reason is i find that when i have combined posts in the past, they get very little if any response. when i made several posts, i received better response and had better success.

that being said, with my decreasing supply for trade and my dissatisfaction with some members here, i will be ending my time here when i have completed all trades in my trade manager. i have had a load of success trading on here and i really like the way the site operates, but it is time to move on.

thanks to all who i had successful trades and sorry to all i could not make a deal with.

steve1972

moderators,

i admit i am guilty of this, but the BIGGEST reason is i find that when i have combined posts in the past, they get very little if any response. when i made several posts, i received better response and had better success.

that being said, with my decreasing supply for trade and my dissatisfaction with some members here, i will be ending my time here when i have completed all trades in my trade manager. i have had a load of success trading on here and i really like the way the site operates, but it is time to move on.

thanks to all who i had successful trades and sorry to all i could not make a deal with.

steve1972

steve1972 - There is a different approach to combining threads as well. The direction of this thread was to stop people from posting 10-20 Different threads within a few days period, If you want to post a thread with a small player lot in it or something thats fine, but keeping that down 2 1 or at most 2 threads going at once would be another way to keep the boards uncluttered. If you have 1 or 2 threads going and the deal goes through you can ask for that thread to be closed, If a week goes by and you dont have any takers on the 1 or 2 threads you have going and youve bumped it a few times, then you can also ask for that thread to be closed and start a new one.

There a re many ways to go about using The Bench properly, However, this is a free site not ebay, so keeping your threads to a minimum is the basic point to all of this.

moderators,

steve1972

Specific in your case, you had three sets of Upper Deck in three different threads, it wouldn't have taken much to combine them, you should get more response as people see they might have just one card in one of them but multiple across all three to make it worth their whiles to trade. As far as your trade thread combining sets, it would have been better if you had specified the sets in the title.

Pleeeze, make it stop! How many different posts to say you are trading cards are really necessary? Thanks Mods!!

My only regret is not being able to start 27 new threads expressing how happy I am with this post!

Members that start so many threads cheat other members of time on the first page of the board.....which makes the 'bumping' policy seem unreasonable when a new post is buried 3 pages deep within an hour of posting.

And I would like to have responded to those 27 threads.
Now ..... about that those Schmo cards .....

WOW....just WOW....all i can say is WOW....some people just dont seem to be getting the message....

As a new member, maybe I am one of the guilty parties, as I have a number of threads going at the same time. Apologies if that has made anyone angry. I guess I just go with the way I think and look at other threads- if I see one titled "2011 inserts/parallels FT", without looking, I assume it's a long disorganized list, which it may or not be. I see a thread titled "2011 Topps Gold", I know exactly what the person is offering. I just offered stuff in a "sorted by common thread" way, I did not realize that this was such a major issue. I'll try to combine things from here on out.
I do have one question- if having multiple threads is causing such clutter, why aren't we utilizing a limit on active threads? I mean, you can only open a new thread if one of your old ones is closed permanently, with, say, 5 available at any time. Seems to me that could eliminate clutter efficiently?

Thanks for listening and again, I am sorry if my posts caused issues.