2011 Topps Prime Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Prime Football

Per Box Items:
10 packs per box
6 cards per pack
2 relics per box
1 autograph per box
1 autograph relic per box

Topps Sell Sheet

The standard base set cards are slightly thicker then standard cards. The card fronts feature a full color action shot of the player. The border-less cards have the set logo in silver foil in the top left. The bottom of the cards contain the player name, team name, and team logo in sliver foil on a splash of the team's primary color. The card backs are photo-less. The white backs list brief biographical information, modest career highlights, last year and career statistics. The team logo is also depicted on the back.

What I pulled:
61 unique cards
30/150 base set cards = 20% of the base set
17 un-numbered parallels and inserts
10 serial numbered parallels
2 relics
1 auto
1 auto relic

Base card front and back:
scan0015-2.jpg

Inserts and parallels: (not all scanned)
4 Prime RCs
2 Prime Veterans
2 Dual Combos
1 Triple Combo
1 Quad Combo
7 Light Green un-numbered parallels
3 Silver #/930
3 Gold #/699
1 Blue #/599
1 Red #/499
1 Purple #/399
1 Dark Green #/99
scan0016-2.jpg

The Hits:
Ryan Williams Auto #/99
Vincent Brown Relic #/318
Triple Combo Relic #/388
Kendall Hunter Quad relic Auto #/515
scan0017-2.jpg

2011 Topps Prime NFL is a solid and entertaining rip. The overall card design and shot selection is first rate. The inserts are well themed and I really like the the design of the dual, triple and quad combos. All of the hits look cool. The autos are sticker autos. Even though the the card is designed to fit the sticker auto, the sticker itself was applied very crooked. The only real drawback I give to 2011 Topps Prime NFL is the number of inserts and parallels. More than half of the box was non base set cards. Purple, red, blue, silver, and green serial numbered cards will make for attractive "rainbow collections" for player collectors at best and major headaches for master set collectors at worst. I am OK with a couple inserts and parallels to chase, but more than half a box is a bit much.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2011 Topps Prime NFL a buy rating. Even though you will need several boxes to have a shot at the base set, the cards are really sharp looking and Prime is loaded with RC. Buy a box and trade your Tebow cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 2/5
Big-hit Hunter: 3/5
Prospector Hunter: 5/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 5/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 34/40 (85% = B)

Topps sent me this box to review for Baseball Digest. I am also offering base and insert cards to members of The Bench for a SASE.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Another nice review, they are always appreciated. Any Andy Daulton or Cam Newton (can't see pics, they're blocked at work)?

Last edited:
Nice break and review.

If you pulled any of the following Eagles, would like to put in a request for them:

26 Maclin
85 D. Jackson
124 McCoy
130 Vick

Also - couldn't find Dion Lewis on any of the checklists, but it looks like one of the #'d inserts features him, if it is available, would like to request it as well. Thanks.

Nice break and review.

If you pulled any of the following Eagles, would like to put in a request for them:

26 Maclin
85 D. Jackson
124 McCoy
130 Vick

Also - couldn't find Dion Lewis on any of the checklists, but it looks like one of the #'d inserts features him, if it is available, would like to request it as well. Thanks.

added a couple to your stack!