2011 Press Pass Legends

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2011 Press Pass Legends​

Per Box Items:
3 mini-boxes per master box
6 packs per mini-box
5 cards per pack
1 auto per mini-box
1 memorabilia card per mini-box

Press Pass Sell Sheet

Most of the standard sized base cards feature a color or black and white head shot of the driver. The driver cards have a checkered flag graphic at the card bottom. Other cards include different decorations and text depending of what sub-set the cards is from. All of the card fronts are adorned with some bronze foil.Most of the card backs have a picture of the drivers car. The cards in the sub-sets will either have a different black and white picture of the driver or event depicted. The card backs will contain moderate career highlights of the driver, career statistics and or description of the event depicted.

What I pulled:
93 unique cards
70 base set cards, 70/80 87.5% of the base set
7 non-serial numbered inserts
10 serial numbered parallels
3 memorabilia cards
3 autographed cards

Base card front and back:
scan0012-3.jpg

The inserts and parallels: (not all scanned)
Muldowney #/50
Red #/99: Patrick, Childress, Childress,
Gold #/250: Kahne, Cook, Elliott, Harvick, Pearson
Motorsports Masters: 4, 7, 8, 13, 12
Pacing the Field:
3, 10
Pacing the Field #/199 Elliott
scan0013-3.jpg

The Hits:
Tim Richmond relic #/199
Richard Childress relic #/50
Trevor Bayne triple relic #/25
Marvin Pance auto #/99
Richard Childress auto #/60
John Force Auto #/75
scan0014-2.jpg

2011 Press Pass Legends is another is another Press Pass product that delivers! You will pull almost a complete set with one box. The cards are well designed and the inserts look sharp. Both the retired and current drivers are listed alphabetically by last name. The set itself is broken down into four sub-sets. The hits are absolutely outstanding! The on-card autos are awesome. I will recommend that you buy a master or sealed mini-box as opposed to individual packs. Even with dummy filler cards it is pretty easy to tell which packs have the relic cards.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2011 Press Pass Legends a strong buy rating. You should be able to complete the base set with just one box and some light trading The hits, inserts and parallels to chase are all pluses. Go buy a box and trade your Jr. cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 4/5
Big-hit Hunter: 5/5
Prospector Hunter: NA
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 5/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 33/35 (94% = A)

Press Pass sent me this box to review for Baseball Digest. I am also offering the base and insert cards to members of The Bench for a SASE.

Thanks to Press Pass for making this review possible!

Tal

Another nice break and review.

If the Danica insert is available and/or base cards of Danica (#49), I would like to put in a request for them. Thanks.