Twinsfest 50/50

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autographhunter

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
As many of you know, I am taking 50/50s for Twinsfest. Here are my rules. Nothing special, but they're specific so as to minimize any room for dispute, though I have not ever had problems taking 50/50s.

Here is the schedule:http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/images/fan_forum/y2012/autograph_schedule.jpg

1. Include a SASE for your items when sending them to me. To avoid delays in shipping your items, this is the best for you. No SASE means that you won't get your stuff back.
2. I am not responsible for items lost in the mail. (I recommend delivery confirmation both ways if the item is important to you).
3. I will get premium items signed before others (ie. OMLB over cards). Even if I take your order and another person's afterward, premium items get priority. Though I will try to get everyone’s items signed (regardless of quality), I may not be able to get any or all of your items signed due to circumstances.
4. There is NO GUARANTEE that your item will be signed. I cannot control who decides to sign on day(s) that I am there. This is obvious, but I would like to state this anyway.
5. If your item is not signed I will send it back in your SASE.
6. They will sign in whatever pen or Sharpie they have. I have blue sharpie/bic with me for cards/baseballs, but can accommodate black or silver if you wish. If you want to try to get something specifically in a different color or type of pen, send it with your item along with a note. I will TRY to get it signed with your pen/Sharpie, but no guarantees. Some players like to grab one pen and sign everything with it, for those who didn't know this before.
7. Your items will likely be returned to you within a week of Twinsfest (returned being defined as shipped from my end, NOT received by you). I will do my best to get items out quickly and notify you of the status of your item(s).
8. Provide a list of your items and specifics, if you have any. This makes it much easier for me to sort your items and ship them to you. Either put a sticky note with your username and “return” or “keep” on the back of cards or make a list (for cards or other items). If the items are difficult to keep track of, I will not get them signed. I take quite a few 50/50s and if your items are not well labeled/listed, it’s not worth the hassle.
9. If you send me 8 cards to 50/50, for example, and I can only get 6 signed, I will send you back 3 signed and two unsigned, and keep the other 3 signed. This seems fair to me and you should be happy I do it this way.
10. Finally, if I receive your items to be signed and they are in unsatisfactory condition, I will not get them signed (ie. bent cards, creased photos, OMLBs with spots, etc). I am not responsible for contacting you to inform you of the condition, though I will try my best to do so if this issue arises.

By agreeing to a Twinsfest deal with me, you agree to these rules.

You can contact me via pm on this site.

Here' a link to the Twinsfest info (including a preliminary list subject to change at least 50 times):
http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/fan_forum/twinsfest.jsp

I want to make this clear:
I cannot take Mauer or Morneau on anything whatsoever. I likely will not be able to take Molitor, Carew, Blyleven, or other big name retirees on anything (feel free to pm if you have game-used items, jerseys, etc). It's just not worth the wait (up to 10 hours for some) and the money (anywhere from $35-75, depending on the player and item). For any NON-MINOR LEAGUERS, I cannot take straight card 50/50s. If you need a card done for guys like Span, Casilla, Doumit, Gene Larkin, etc, I can take one card for a fee. Otherwise, I cannot take cards for them. If you read my example (at the end of this post), it shows that even an 8x10 has me losing out quite a bit. It is very difficult to 50/50 8x10s as well, even for guys like Nishioka. Unfortunately, Twinsfest 50/50s are best for both parties if we deal with the minor leaguers. I'm definitely not opposed to dealing with major leaguers (current and former), but I will have a higher asking price due to fees. Sorry for any inconveniences. Hope this makes sense. PM with questions.

Once again, minor leaguers are your best bet. Plmk what you have. Thanks

For example:

Say Nishi costs $10 to get.
If I get my own 8x10 signed, here's the cost (discounting admission): $3 for printing the photo and finding a quality image, $10 to get in line, 1/2 hr of waiting
Total: $13, 30 minute wait
If I get your 8x10 and my 8x10 signed, here's the cost (discounting admission): $0 for printing the photo and finding a quality image, $10 to get in lin (x2), 1 hr of waiting (unless I have help)
Total: $20, 1 hour wait

This is why it's tough to 50/50 Twinsfest. I'm more than happy to get minor leaguers since they're free (other than waiting in line for 1-2 hours, usually). The others often have shorter lines but cost much more, so I almost always end up losing out on them. I'd like to help other collectors out as well as get a good deal for myself, but that's often very difficult due to the circumstances.
Hope this makes sense.

Mods please move this if it's in the wrong place. Thanks

Last edited:
I've gotten a few requests so far, anyone else?
It's a great opportunity for minor leaguers (Aaron Hicks, Brian Dozier, etc). Those of you who break prospects cases can send over as many cards as you need done and I'll try to get them finished. They're really good about signing multiples.
For non-minor leaguers, it's strictly one-per, but I am willing to take better deals for those guys.
Lmk, thanks

Let me know if you have or can get a 2011 Topps Danny Valencia card #387 signed and if so, what you'd need for it.

I need this card for the trophy theme set I am doing. I don't have the card and it appears you are not interested in 50/50 for cards anyway, so I would buy.

Let me know if you have or can get a 2011 Topps Danny Valencia card #387 signed and if so, what you'd need for it.

I need this card for the trophy theme set I am doing. I don't have the card and it appears you are not interested in 50/50 for cards anyway, so I would buy.

Correct, I can only 50/50 cards for minor leaguers. I can take cards for other guys, but for a fee.
I can try to get one signed either at the fest or during the season. How much are you willing to pay? Thanks

I'd pay a couple bucks for one, say $3-4 delivered if the autograph were nice.

I checked completed listings and he had a couple certified autos close recently for under $5, including this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-TIER-O...ultDomain_0&hash=item3f117f2e4b#ht_500wt_1292

Ok, I'd rather try for during the season, then.
If I get it at Twinsfest, it will cost me at least $5 (most likely $10+), so it wouldn't be worth it. During the season I can try for IP if you'd like. Just shoot a pm when the season begins if you're still interested. I will make another 50/50 thread for the regular season around March or April.

Once again, it's a great opportunity for minor leaguers (Aaron Hicks, Brian Dozier, etc). Those of you who break prospects cases can send over as many cards as you need done and I'll try to get them finished. They're really good about signing multiples.
For non-minor leaguers, it's strictly one-per, but I am willing to take better deals for those guys.
Lmk, thanks
I need these by January 20, so contact me soon if you need anything. Getting full up on a lot of guys

I have a few New Britain Rock Cats team sets and should be able to do a good 50/50 with you. Will check into it out later today and post here.

Also - let me know about the chance to get Tim Laudner on an 83 Fleer card. What is your consignment amount?

I have a few New Britain Rock Cats team sets and should be able to do a good 50/50 with you. Will check into it out later today and post here.

Also - let me know about the chance to get Tim Laudner on an 83 Fleer card. What is your consignment amount?

Just pm or post here with questions or a list, thanks.
I am not sure what my Laudner consignment price woulld be since the schedule has yet to come out, but I believe he would be in a $10 or $15 line with 1 or 2 other guys. I will contact you about that when the schedule comes out.

Ellis Shoe- I did not get your pm, sorry, please send again or post, thanks.

Just pm or post here with questions or a list, thanks.
Hi - I likely have almost all of these cards ... let me know if any listed here aren't 50/50 players:
Carlos Gutierrez
Jeff Manship
Danny Valencia
Ben Revere
Chris Parmelee
Tyler Robertson
Rene Tosoni
Mark Dolenc
Liam Hendriks
Alex Burnett
B.J. Hermsen
Aaron Hicks
Jeff Manship

Also - There are two players, Frank Quilici and Dick Stigman, who might not have long lines as they played in the 60s. I believe I could provide at least two cards for 50/50 if you're interested.

Thank you for your consideration,
Scott-

Hi - I likely have almost all of these cards ... let me know if any listed here aren't 50/50 players:
Carlos Gutierrez
Jeff Manship
Danny Valencia
Ben Revere
Chris Parmelee
Tyler Robertson
Rene Tosoni
Mark Dolenc
Liam Hendriks
Alex Burnett
B.J. Hermsen
Aaron Hicks
Jeff Manship

Also - There are two players, Frank Quilici and Dick Stigman, who might not have long lines as they played in the 60s. I believe I could provide at least two cards for 50/50 if you're interested.

Thank you for your consideration,
Scott-

Thanks for the post.
I know for sure that I can take these guys on a straight card 50/50 (as many as you need):
Carlos Gutierrez
Tyler Robertson
Mark Dolenc
B.J. Hermsen
Aaron Hicks

I can take these guys for either a consignment or a larger 50/50. (If you would like a larger item 50/50, lmk what you have in mind, OMLBs or better preferred. If you want to do a consignment, lmk who you want and I'll give you a price. For a 50/50, if you only need them on a card, photo, etc and do not want to spend money on 2 ROMLBs, you could send a card for yourself and OMLB for me, for example).
Jeff Manship
Danny Valencia
Ben Revere
Chris Parmelee
Rene Tosoni
Liam Hendriks
Alex Burnett

Thanks

The schedule is finally out: http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/images/fan_forum/y2012/autograph_schedule.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the post.
I know for sure that I can take these guys on a straight card 50/50 (as many as you need):
Carlos Gutierrez
Tyler Robertson
Mark Dolenc
B.J. Hermsen
Aaron Hicks
Hi -
This is what I have ... once you give me your okay, I will post it as a trade.

You ........................ Me
=====================
10ML Dolenc ............. 11ML Dolenc
08Tr Refl Robertson .... 08Tr Robertson
10ML Robertson ......... 11ML Robertson
10T PD Hicks ............. 10T PD Hicks
10ML Gutierrez ........... 10ML Gutierrez

If you would prefer not to have a 'reflective' 08 Tristar PROjections, I can substitute it with a 10 minor league card.

All minor league cards are from the New Britain Rock Cats team sets.

Thanks!
Scott-

Hi -
This is what I have ... once you give me your okay, I will post it as a trade.

You ........................ Me
=====================
10ML Dolenc ............. 11ML Dolenc
08Tr Refl Robertson .... 08Tr Robertson
10ML Robertson ......... 11ML Robertson
10T PD Hicks ............. 10T PD Hicks
10ML Gutierrez ........... 10ML Gutierrez

If you would prefer not to have a 'reflective' 08 Tristar PROjections, I can substitute it with a 10 minor league card.

All minor league cards are from the New Britain Rock Cats team sets.

Thanks!
Scott-

Looks like a deal to me. (08 TriStar Projections reflectives are fine with me)If you post it up, I'll confirm with the understanding that (as my rules state), I may not get all items signed, though I will try my best. If I get some items signed, they will be returned to you according to the rules above (which I believe are very fair).
If you have any questions about the rules, please pm or post. Otherwise, post it up, thanks!

Looks like a deal to me. (08 TriStar Projections reflectives are fine with me)If you post it up, I'll confirm with the understanding that (as my rules state), I may not get all items signed, though I will try my best. If I get some items signed, they will be returned to you according to the rules above (which I believe are very fair).
If you have any questions about the rules, please pm or post. Otherwise, post it up, thanks!
Trade is posted - Thanks! Looks like your terms are standard for 50/50s I've done in the past. I'll be able to send out on Tuesday.

Trade is posted - Thanks! Looks like your terms are standard for 50/50s I've done in the past. I'll be able to send out on Tuesday.

Confirmed, thanks for the deal. Any last minute 50/50s? Getting pretty full but can still take a few. (Need them by next Monday if at all possible)