two site issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intelliracer

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
1 I can access site on my Droid phone but not on a computer (have tried four of them)

2 I no longer receive e-mails when I get PMs.

Can someone help with this?

Thanks

you guys are describing the DNS error. i would suspect your dns is set to auto detect, and if you were to change it, ie hard code it to

"seems that to resolve the bad gateway or loss of connection to the bench its a DNS error and a simple flush of the dns will not always resolve this issue. after some extensive talks with a microsoft tech it seems that you may have a issue between the proxy server and the individua pc's and a way to fix it is to use the specifit 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 dns instead of auto detect dns. "

this works on the standard windos systems if your using a mac then contact your isp becasue i have no idea how or why them things work. and if you are not sure on where this is located at in your windows system please please contact your isp they can show you and even via remote assistance DO THE task for you.

http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebe...d.php?t=338834

so far this fix has worked like a charm for me. try it and if your not confident doing it call your ISP and have them assist you in doing it.

dave

Also had the DNS problem for a long time......got worse a few weeks ago...was locked out of the bench for 7 whole days....as well as other sites! Worked on my DNS problem and finally get it fixed and since that time....no problems at all.....Knock on wood. Best regards, David

typing on my wii. i also cant access on pc, this is the only site that gives me trouble.

Why do people keep posting about this problem, when the fix has been posted SO many times? Sure, it's not a problem that should be happening anyway (maybe The Bench should seek a new hosting provider), but why doesn't anyone seem to try the fix BEFORE posting that they can't access the site?

Why do people keep posting about this problem, when the fix has been posted SO many times? Sure, it's not a problem that should be happening anyway (maybe The Bench should seek a new hosting provider), but why doesn't anyone seem to try the fix BEFORE posting that they can't access the site?

It's hard to search forums on phones, consoles, etc. Easier to search for your own posts.

Kinda hard to search for the fix when:

1. You can't access via PC
2. Your only other method of access is a Wii.

Regardless, the site is up for me today. Weird.

Last edited:
well i hope that you can atleast apply the fix to your pc and avoid the issue in the future.