Please close, card sold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rotorob

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I opened my box of The Big Bang Theory cards last night and the auto was Jim Parsons (Sheldon). I don't have a hosting site, but this auction has a pic (I can scan mine and email it to anyone that wants to see it). MO would be the preferred payment, but open to other ideas.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jim-Parsons...550?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1cc12596

I'm asking $350 for it. The only cards I would trade it for are a pack certified Hank Aaron auto (eye appeal very important and similar SV) or a 1954 Hank Aaron RC.

Please LMK if anyone here is interested.

Last edited:
I'd be all over that if I had a nice Hank Aaron auto.............great pull.

Brett -
Thanks, I actually thought of you before I posted, but saw you were trading only. My relic pull (probably keeping it) was a Leonard red shirt with what looks like part of the periodic chart. Did you finish your base set? I have some doubles of those if needed.

Why is the asking price so high? Is this a very tough autograph within the issue or is he just considered the "best" auto from the set? Does the actor not sign signatures in general? I know nothing about the Big Bang Theory cards, like insertion ratios, but that may help explain what sure looks like an absurd value.

Why is the asking price so high? Is this a very tough autograph within the issue or is he just considered the "best" auto from the set? Does the actor not sign signatures in general? I know nothing about the Big Bang Theory cards, like insertion ratios, but that may help explain what sure looks like an absurd value.

He's actually the 2nd best auto (Kaley Cuoco as Penny is the best). As for why, I'm not real sure, but fans LOVE the show.

Brett -
Thanks, I actually thought of you before I posted, but saw you were trading only. My relic pull (probably keeping it) was a Leonard red shirt with what looks like part of the periodic chart. Did you finish your base set? I have some doubles of those if needed.

Yeah,I don't have much to spend at the moment. Do have stuff I could possibly trade but nothing Braves related unfortunately.

I do have a base set. Opened 3 boxes so I have plenty of extras to spare. Have 3 boxes of Smallville coming next month and there's gonna be an autograph plus 3 relics per box of those.

If you search eBay completed listing sales it seems reasonable. The other three key male characters, Raj is consistantly going for the low $200's and Howard is going for high $200's, and Leonard in the mid $200's.

I did look on ebay, because I was curious, and yes it seems that those prices are being achieved. I guess non-sports cards have come a long way since I bought any!

$200 for the character who plays Raj? Yes, even though people are paying it, it seems a bid absurd to me. We all value things differently though, as many would laugh at what I pay for things I like.

If you search eBay completed listing sales it seems reasonable. The other three key male characters, Raj is consistantly going for the low $200's and Howard is going for high $200's, and Leonard in the mid $200's.

I did look on ebay, because I was curious, and yes it seems that those prices are being achieved. I guess non-sports cards have come a long way since I bought any!

$200 for the character who plays Raj? Yes, even though people are paying it, it seems a bid absurd to me. We all value things differently though, as many would laugh at what I pay for things I like.

I think it is absurd to pay those prices as well, especially for NEW Entertainment Autos. Now if it were a Hank Aaron Signed RC that is a different story. My personal limit for Entertainment Autos is $30. So *sigh* the only way for me to get the Big Bang Autos is to start ripping into boxes and pulling them. :(

ON Ebay I have seen a few auctions for the supporting cast that start at affordable opening bids, I just need to watch those more often.