Review 2012 Bowman Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2012 Bowman Baseball

24 packs / 10 cards per pack
'2 Bowman Chrome cards in every pack'
1 Auto'd Bowman Chrome card in every box

I received the following:

116 regular Bowman - set is 220 - 52.7% of the set - no duplicates!! :)

img277.jpg

I am a Bowman apologist... I am a Bowman collector - having said that - just to make sure everyone who reads this knows - this issue, has a 'clean' design. The cards are printed on white stock, the front is glossy, and the reverse is matte. The front has foil imprinting and if the card is a rookie, the RC designation is easily visible. The reverse has 2011 pro stats and career stats. Also included is the Bowman Briefing - Resume, Skills and Evolution. Most of the photos are action shots.

Bowman Prospects

img279.jpg

48 unique prospects - set is 110 - 43.6% of the set -- :D

My main gripe is here -- why in the world can't the set be numbered correctly? There are only 110 cards in the set and several numbers are duplicated (not the player - just the number) and the same number is eliminated in the non-chrome set. This ain't rocket science.....:confused:

One of my favorite cards in either of the sets...

img280.jpg
This feller looks to be about 12 years old!! (maybe it's just me?)

Bowman Chrome Pospects

img278.jpg

This portion of the set - looks great and is numbered correctly!!

I received 43 unique BCP cards -- 39% of the set of 110.

Bowman Gold

img281.jpg

24 unique gold cards - 10.9% of the set of 220

Bowman Best

img282.jpg

I received 2 of each - 2 Rookies and 2 Veterans

These are counted as chrome cards in the packs and they are chrome. The design is cool. I would have liked to have a little different design between the rookies and vets, but the numbers on the reverse make the difference clear. Each set is 25 cards for a total of 50 (that's for the youngsters here in Florida that failed the math portion of the FCAT!!)

International Parallels

img283.jpg

2 Vets and 1 Prospect

Blue Parallel #ed to 500
Silver Ice

img284.jpg

Michael Crouse
Daniel Hudson

AUTO

img285.jpg

Joe Ross

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

If one wants prospects and rookies, this is an issue that should not be missed. There are prospects that are several years away from the 'bigs' - but then again, who knows when they will get the call?

The master set builder might have quite a hill to climb - gold, blue, silver ice, red ice, blue wave (from the wrapper redemption), and the orange parallels - PLUS the chrome parallels. I must give props to Topps - the numbering of the cards is on the reverse!! Thank you!!

The autos - blue Sharpee - is on the card - as it should be - again - they look excellent. One will also have a number of parallels to chase - refractor, blue refractor, gold refractor, and red refractor autos to track down. The superfractors are so scarce, that it's really not worth attempting to grab them - unless $$ is no object.

Overall grade A+ --- get the numbering thing down...

Go buy a bunch of boxes - jumbo and hobby - and send the LEAGUE LEADING RAYS parallels to me!!

Duane

Nice review as always Duane. I like this years design, looks very clean with good photography. I like that the autos are on card as well. Please LMKif you pulled any of these

96 138 152 205

BP6 Perio
BP36 Brady

-Brett

Nice review Duane. I too love me some Bowman.

Did you happen to pull a chrome prospect Anthony Rendon, Xander Bogaerts, or Nick Castellanos?

Thanks,
Brad

Nice review as always Duane. I like this years design, looks very clean with good photography. I like that the autos are on card as well. Please LMKif you pulled any of these

96 138 152 205

BP6 Perio
BP36 Brady

-Brett

Got them... should be coming your way soon.

Duane

96 138 152 205

BP6 Perio
BP36 Brady

-Brett

Got them... should be coming your way soon.

Duane

Thanks. I'll throw some stamps in the mail tomorrow.

-Brett

I, too, am a huge Bowman collector.....love the Bowman's Best set.....I need the Middlebrooks for my set...

Thanks, Duane as always.....I'm going to find a goodie to send to you this week...lol.
Diane

awsome reveiw i have enjoeyd them very much and they have helped me decided what to buy a pack of new type of stuff several times. I like the lindor and the middlebrooks cards they are very sharp looking