Review Topps Tier One - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Tier One - M L B

One box / pack -- 3 cards
'2 Autograph cards and 1 relic card inside!'

I received the following:

img311.jpg

Dual G/U jsy
Dan Haren #ed to 50

img313.jpg

Joe Mauer Auto #ed to 50

img312.jpg

J.P. Arencibia - White Auto #ed to 10

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Topps Tier One is definitely for the individual who has deep pockets. Here in Orlando, the hobby shops quickly ran out of the product - originally priced at $90 per pack/box - re-bought (secondary market) and restocked - their cost $110 per pack. Probably selling for $125+ per pack - pretty steep.

However, after saying that, I like the fact that the cards are autographed on the card. The cards look excellent (and they should!)

Topps Tier One is for the player collector. One will have a number of parallels of each player to chase. The relics are in single, double, triple, as well as patches with autos. The autos are numbered in various denominations 1/1, 1/10, 1/50, 1/99, etc... lots to chase.

Overall grade A- cards are still numbered on the front!!

If you go out and buy several boxes, send the Rays cards to me!!

Duane

Nice cards there! So, there are no base cards in this set then if each pack contains autos and GU. I wonder if that is a first?

very nice i agree on the card is best i like that Arencebia its very sharp looking with the silver over the mauer with the blue

Nice cards there! So, there are no base cards in this set then if each pack contains autos and GU. I wonder if that is a first?

To the best of my knowledge, (and we both know that it's severely limited!) there are no base cards. The back of the box lists the odds of each type card:

Tier One Auto 1:21
T O parallels
White Ink 1:41
Silver Ink 1:102
Gold Ink 1:1020
On the rise auto
White 1:9
Silver Ink 1:21
Gold Ink 1:204
Crowd Pleaser Auto
White 1:10
Silver 1:25
Gold 1:248
Clear Rookie Reprint Auto 1:82
Dual Auto 1:163
Triple Auto 1:510
Cut Sig 1:816
Auto TO Relic 1:11
Auto TO Relic parallel
Dual Patch 1:41
Triple patch 1:1020
Auto Prodigious Patch 1:204
TO Relic parallels
Dual Swatch 1:7
Triple Swatch 1:14
TO Relic Legends 1:28
TO Relic Legends Parallels
Dual Swatch 1:91
Triple Swatch 1:1360
Prodigious patches 1:82
Bat Knob 1:204

I hope this helps,

Duane

thanks for the reveiw Duane i dont have this deep of pockets but looking at the cards and the way they look they are deffinatly well worth the price IMO

These boxes seem to be very hit or miss (as with most products). The boxes with three cards seem to be pretty decent. But from what I have seen, some boxes have four cards (with two jerseys usually) and they seem to be a little weaker.

The cards do look very nice though. I love the look of the Mauer.

I haven't opened any packs of this product but I did buy this off ebay. I must say the cards are EXTREMELY nice. Just the overall layout and design makes them eye catching plus the quality is top notch.

crawfordauto.jpg