$7 a box Football...late 80s-90s, big collection at a penny each

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mightydon

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Hey everyone, I have a dilemma on my hands. I did some yard work for a guy and in return he was going to give me some boxes of cards his son no longer wanted. He knew I collected cards so I said sure, the work was not too difficult and I was doing it more as a favor. (Cutting up a tree that fell from a recent storm). Low and behold, I didn't know he was going to his basement and pull up box after box after box. I have baseball, football, and basketball.

To make a long story short, I inherited about 7, maybe more, monster boxes of cards. Mostly 1987 - mid 90s after I fingered through them. Some look like sets. Some boxes are broken into teams. I just don't have the time or energy to go through them. This is more than what I bargained for.

Anyway, If I sell these at less than 1 cent each, an 800 ct box would be $7 + shipping. Any idea how many cards fit in a medium or large flat rate box? I can go that route too if its cheaper to ship that many cards.

So basically, less than a penny a card so I can clear these out of here. I can not fill up a 800 ct box with just one NFL team.

Thanks for your help!
Don

Last edited:
Are they someones base card collection? with no stars at all?I would be interested if there were star players in all sports.
lmk
Ed

Are they someones base card collection? with no stars at all?I would be interested if there were star players in all sports.
lmk
Ed

No, they are my cards now. Stars and semistars are in there. The only card I pulled was a Jeter RC since I collect Jeter