Homemade Maple Bats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roddster

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I started making baseball bats a year ago and have made a bunch. I've got enough for myself, so I've decided to start to selling/trading them.

I started making them because I was disappointed in the quality of Louisville Slugger wood bats. Handles were very thin and I constantly was breaking bats. So I decided to make my own, with thicker handles, made from rock maple. While my bats tend to be a bit heavier, they are tough and durable.

If interested LMK. Bats are available for $40 dlvd. Size is important, let me know how long of a bat you'd like.

Also willing to trade for baseball cards. Certified autos and GU Patches. Will consider anything you've got at any, I repeat ANY BV. If it catches my eye I'm interested. Just post up an offer. Would also consider if you can come up with a bunch of hits from my set needs list. LMK if interested!

IMG_00000382.jpg

Last edited:
Wait a minute....you are making bats? That is awesome!!! I might need a few in the future, I have 3 boys!!

Wait a minute....you are making bats? That is awesome!!! I might need a few in the future, I have 3 boys!!

Oh I'm making bats alright. Teach them boys of yours at a young age that true ballplayers play with wood bats. No better way to play the game than with your bare hands and a fresh cut piece of maple

Hi Ryan:
I'm interested in one. Maybe I could trade you for it, or do a card+cash (or Paypal) combo. I would need a 33 inches one. I do like the two-tone one. PLMK. Thanks,

Luis

Nice bats. I may be interested in trading for one in the near future. Please give my bucket a look and see if you are interested in anything. Thanks

Hi Ryan:
I'm interested in one. Maybe I could trade you for it, or do a card+cash (or Paypal) combo. I would need a 33 inches one. I do like the two-tone one. PLMK. Thanks,

Luis

Luis,

I think we can work something out. LMK if this is or isn't going to work for you:

Hanley Ramirez 07 Goudey Auto + $15 paypal for a bat

Or

Hanley Ramirez 07 Goudey Auto + Manny Ramirez 00 UD Auto for a bat

LMK if either offer works. Got some things to go over as well:

A. The two-tinned is 33 in, it's yours if you want it, but I do have to say that the knob of the handle does have a hairline crack on it. Won't effect the integrity of the bat or its strength, it is just there from when the wood dried. I will say that this bat is made from the highest quality piece of wood out of the bunch. Quite dense, very solid piece of lumber.

B. I send first. If you hate the bat when you open it up rts it right on back to me.

C. When you get it / use it please give me some feedback. I want to know what people think, and most of all want you to be happy with what you get. Hope you post feedback here on this forum for others to see.

So let me know if you're down.

- Ryan

Last edited:
Luis,

I think we can work something out. LMK if this is or isn't going to work for you:

Hanley Ramirez 07 Goudey Auto + $15 paypal for a bat

Or

Hanley Ramirez 07 Goudey Auto + Manny Ramirez 00 UD Auto for a bat

LMK if either offer works. Got some things to go over as well:

A. The two-tinned is 33 in, it's yours if you want it, but I do have to say that the knob of the handle does have a hairline crack on it. Won't effect the integrity of the bat or its strength, it is just there from when the wood dried. I will say that this bat is made from the highest quality piece of wood out of the bunch. Quite dense, very solid piece of lumber.

B. I send first. If you hate the bat when you open it up rts it right on back to me.

C. When you get it / use it please give me some feedback. I want to know what people think, and most of all want you to be happy with what you get. Hope you post feedback here on this forum for others to see.

So let me know if you're down.

- Ryan

Ryan:
We will work something out. I'm inclined to send you the Hanley Goudey and $15. Now, is the hairline crack just at the bottom of the knob, or is it moving up along the side o the knob towards the handle? Thanks for the offer to stand 100% behind the sale of the bat, but I would hate for us to keep maling the bat back and forth, wasting money on shipping. I would take a different 33 inch if I'm not sure. Thanks Ryan.

Luis

Ryan:
We will work something out. I'm inclined to send you the Hanley Goudey and $15. Now, is the hairline crack just at the bottom of the knob, or is it moving up along the side o the knob towards the handle? Thanks for the offer to stand 100% behind the sale of the bat, but I would hate for us to keep maling the bat back and forth, wasting money on shipping. I would take a different 33 inch if I'm not sure. Thanks Ryan.

Luis

Luis, It's just on the knob. The crack isn't going anywhere. If you want though I pulled this one off the lathe today. Pretty nice one. Much closer in looks to the typical style of my bats too. The one on the top is the new one. Quite a bruiser of a bat with a bigger barrel. LMK which one you want.

IMG_00000389.jpg

- Ryan

Luis, It's just on the knob. The crack isn't going anywhere. If you want though I pulled this one off the lathe today. Pretty nice one. Much closer in looks to the typical style of my bats too. The one on the top is the new one. Quite a bruiser of a bat with a bigger barrel. LMK which one you want.

IMG_00000389.jpg

- Ryan

Very nice Ryan. Is the "new" one also a 33 inch? If so, let's go for it. Also, I'll do whatever you want: either both Hanley auto and Manny auto, or Hanley + $15 Paypal. Let me know, or post it if you want. Thanks Ryan.

Luis

Ryan

Very nice Ryan. Is the "new" one also a 33 inch? If so, let's go for it. Also, I'll do whatever you want: either both Hanley auto and Manny auto, or Hanley + $15 Paypal. Let me know, or post it if you want. Thanks Ryan.

Luis

It's sure is 33 in. I'd prefer the Manny, but post up whichever. Once you post it up I'll send it out.

Thanks!

- Ryan

Ryan--Please take a look at my bucket and see if anything interests you. Adult and youth bats. Thanks!

It's sure is 33 in. I'd prefer the Manny, but post up whichever. Once you post it up I'll send it out.

Thanks!

- Ryan

OK Ryan, I will send you the Hanley and the Manny autos for the bat. I'm torn, man.....I like the big barrel of the newer one, but like the smaller or "less fat" knob of the old one. Are you sure the newer one is 33"? It seems about 1/2 inch shorter if you look at the picture.

Hey

OK Ryan, I will send you the Hanley and the Manny autos for the bat. I'm torn, man.....I like the big barrel of the newer one, but like the smaller or "less fat" knob of the old one. Are you sure the newer one is 33"? It seems about 1/2 inch shorter if you look at the picture.

I tell you what, as my first customer I'm going to send you something that you just can't be disappointed with. Trust me haha. Post it up.

Ryan

I tell you what, as my first customer I'm going to send you something that you just can't be disappointed with. Trust me haha. Post it up.

Ryan

OK Ryan, trade posted. I'm looking forward to swinging it. So, this is your All-Ramirez trade: you are getting Hanley and Manny, from Luis. Goofy, I know.

OK Ryan, trade posted. I'm looking forward to swinging it. So, this is your All-Ramirez trade: you are getting Hanley and Manny, from Luis. Goofy, I know.

I think if you threw in some Aramis and some Alexi base cards It might make my head spin. Haha

Anybody else interested in trading for or buying a bat?