So the User Pages are gone...now what

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Bench Founder
We don't need no stinking user pages!!!!

You now have a blog baby!

Create a Blog page, go to your blog settings and there is an option to create a custom page (actually 10 pages if you wish).
You can have the links display at the top or on the right side.

Check out my Blog for an example.

Click on Blogs in the Nav Bar and the Blog Settings

attachment.php

Here you have multiple options to edit the look and feel of your Blog. Including creating custom pages

attachment.php

To have them display at the top of your blog, make sure to choose Top from the drop down

attachment.php

Then your links will appear here

attachment.php

Last edited:
OK, so I now have a blog....The only problem I have with it is that it isn't showing up on the list of member blogs? Does it take time to load it into the system? Thanks.

If you go into Blogs - My Blog

Is the Blog entry still there? If so maybe you changed a setting by accident and need to have the blog "published" I know there is a drop down for publishing blog entry. It's located at the bottom of the screen after the box you input the text.

Thanks for your help - think I have it all figured out now!! That is the problem with being technologically challenged - even the easy stuff can stump you!!

OK, so I now have a blog....The only problem I have with it is that it isn't showing up on the list of member blogs? Does it take time to load it into the system? Thanks.

I see it when I click on the Blog button at the top.

The only issue with clicking the Blog button at the top is that you will only see blogs that are on the first page. As new blogs are published, the older ones scroll to the bottom and off the page.

Your best bet to view a member's blog is to click on the name (above avatar) and select "View Blog Entries".

Katester - was creating custom pages (the way I described up top) but he had not created an actual BLOG. The custom page links will not display, until you create a BLOG.

What happened to the site? It's all different now! Anyways how do I edit my "I collect" option in my profile?

The "I Collect" is more of a display page for your profile page. Just like the old profile page had all the info. To change the "I Collect" go to the community link found under the NavBar once you click on forums and you will see Collectors Database.

Do you need to be a Bench Hall of Famer to have a blog as was the case with the B pages?
I haven't checked all the settings but everyone should be allowed to have a Blog.

Katester - was creating custom pages (the way I described up top) but he had not created an actual BLOG. The custom page links will not display, until you create a BLOG.

Now that I have figured it out...this could be interesting and entertaining.

Was able to get a trade done with gumscards based on his traders posted on his blog.

Same basic principle as the User Pages - just an opportunity to get more in depth and creative!

Keep in mind on each blog page your only limited to 2000 characters

Is there any way to increase this size. Since we're using the blogs in replacement of the Bench Pages for tradelists/wantlists, 2000 characters is not enough. (Or is it 7500 characters?) Either way, it's way too small and I have to break up my tradelist into sections. (And I have a very SMALL tradelist.) ;)

Jason

Check out my Article on the Main page about Blog Ideas. I can probably increase the character count, but there is one problem with using the blogs in the way you describe...and I go into details on that article.