Review 2013 Bowman Sterling N F L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2013 Bowman Sterling N F L

6 packs per box // 5 cards per pack & 1 boxtopper
2 Auto'd Relics, 4 Autos, PLUS 6 Jumbo Relics per box

I received these:

16 base cards - 16% of the base set
img779_zps639d8589.jpg

Bowman Sterling is a premium issue. The cards are printed on very stiff stock and they have a mirror-like finish on the front. The cards seem to me to be a bit dark. Personal preference - I prefer a card/photo design with a lighter presence (for lack of a better word!) The rookie cards carry a RC logo. 12 of the 16 I received are rookie cards.

The reverse of the card has stats - both personal and career along with the Bowman Reflection. Numbers on the cards are very easy to read.

Parallels

img780_zps05804979.jpg

Gold #ed to 50 - Kenjon Barner
Blue #ed to 99 - Landry Jones

Relics / Autos

img781_zpsb411f24e.jpg

3 #ed to 1206
C. Patterson
E.J. Manuel
M. Barkley
2 #ed to 1214
A. Dobson
J. Randle

Blue Refractor #ed to 99

img782_zps676219e1.jpg

M. Goodwin

img783_zps7b3b9806.jpg

K. Allen
S. Bailey
Chris Harper #ed to 99

img784_zpsc6c3cbf0.jpg

S. Taylor #ed to 250
Q. Patton#ed to 125
C. Patterson #ed to 55

Box Topper

img785_zpsf013f6c7.jpg

Geno Smith #ed to 171

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Bowman Sterling NFL is a beautifully produced product. At bit pricey, (in Orlando - $260-$280 per 6 pack box) but the cards look fantastic - especially the relics and auto/relics. The relics and autos are all on cards that are extremely thick. One should buy Bowman Sterling with the intent of collecting the cards - not reselling them on the 'bay or some where else. I don't think the ROI will be real high - unless you hit the one or two cards that will sell for three figures.... I did mention earlier in this post that the cards were a little dark for my personal preference, but they still look very cool.

For the set builder, (if you are a purest - wanting to build the set from cards pulled from your own packs) you're going to need deep pockets - looking at a chunk of change to pick up enough boxes for a base set. The player collector, rookie collector, and the team builder will have a good time chasing the various parallels and auto/relics.

I have a question - who decides how many of a card to produce - 1206? 1214? 171? -- why not 1200 or 1000 or 750 or 150??? The numbers seem random to me. Maybe someone else can give me some insight here.

The box topper is a really large jersey piece - it looks great!

Overall grade A - just a bit dark!

Go buy several boxes - I would have said 'send the Bucs to me' but they are beyond terrible again this year!!

Duane

Thanks for the review Duane. Nice looking cards, but way out of my price range. Please LMK if you pulled any of these

26 91 99

Thanks, Brett

The Barkley GU arrived in the mail on Tuesday - made it worth trudging through the 5 inches of snow on the ground to the mailbox.

Thank you again for sending it my way!

Awesome review i agree little dark and way high priced. Thanks for doing these reveiws so we know what looks good.

Nice looking cards. I really don't have a lot to offer you right now, but if that Keenan Allen is cluttering up your room...