Review Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects - M L B

24 packs - 7 cards per pack
1 Auto in every box

I received these:

68 BDPP - Bowman Draft Pick Prospects
22 Bowman Draft Picks (nearly 50% of the 45 card set)
23 Top Prospect cards - ( a little over 50% of the 45 card set)

img786_zpsaf156319.jpg
img787_zpsc437d465.jpg

Same design as previous Bowman sets in 2013. This issue takes a bit of getting 'accustomed to' with 3 sets in one box and chrome versions of each.... as well.

Chrome

img788_zps424868e7.jpg

19 BDPP
10 Bowman Draft Picks
8 Top Prospects

Parallels

img791_zps2c4d1c6d.jpg
Chris Rivera - Silver Ice
G. Speier - blue #ed to 500
R. Bautista - orange #ed to 250

Chrome Refractors

img789_zps9c7ae959.jpg
8 refractors
1 green refractor #ed to 75 - Ethan Carnes

Breakouts / Draft Doubles

img793_zps5476d1e0.jpg
Luke Jackson
K.Bryant/C. Moran

Future of Franchise - Chrome mini's

img792_zpsc8d2fd4d.jpg
Garrit Cole
J. Profar

Bowman Chrome 1st card reprint
Blue Sapphire Greatest of All Time

img790_zps9edc0678.jpg

Matthew Kemp
Garrit Cole - blue sapphire ( the card is nice, but 'Greatest of All Time'????? - I don't think so)

Chrome Auto

img794_zpse6696746.jpg

Kevin Franklin

####################

For the Bowman collectors and the rookie card collectors and the future speculators, Bowman Draft Picks is a must buy. This is the set - once built - that is put up in the closet and pulled out in 5 years to see who made it to the bigs and who was a bust. Pure diamond mining - nothing more.

The entire set - 3 paper/3 chrome - is a total of 440 cards (if my math is correct - after all I did go to a government school - in Texas no less!) It could take a few boxes to get enough chrome for the set - but the journey will be fun. There are jumbo boxes (guaranteed 3 autos per box) that one should get a complete paper set and have a good run at the chrome set as well.

Team set builders will find this to be an enjoyable hunt. So far, I have found a number of Rays in the set.

My favorite insert is the mini Future of the Franchise card. There are also parallels - at least a blue one of these cards - #ed to 250.

Autos - on the card - as it should be -- YES!!!

Overall grade A- a little hard to collate the chrome set - but doable!

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays parallels to me!

Duane,
Great review as always. I am interested in the green refractor of Carnes for my friends Yankees collection. If it is available PLMK and I will check for Rays from the boxes we opened.
Thanks,
Trish

Again I can use any Gerrit Cole and Andrew McCutchen cards. Could use Puig cards as well. I would like to send you something for these. Plmk thanks Butch

Duane- I have Refractors TP29 amd BDPP113 both Rays that I can send you for the Green Carnes. If that works please post it up.
Thanks,
Trish

I could use the silver ice card..I have a few of the Franchise cards.....Gyorko, aaron sanchez and Correa for the trade. Let me know. Best regards, David

Thanks for the review Duane. It's amazing how many cards are produced from these prospects sets, that the players never play for the teams they are representing. But I always have to get them if they have my team's logo on them. I have around 200 cards in my collection of players that are pictured in a Marlins uniform that never played for the big league club.
Would love the K.Bryant/C. Moran Draft Double and any of these if you pulled them.

BDPP 20 54 84 88 95 99 110 117 122 126

Thanks, Brett

Thanks for the review Duane. It's amazing how many cards are produced from these prospects sets, that the players never play for the teams they are representing. But I always have to get them if they have my team's logo on them. I have around 200 cards in my collection of players that are pictured in a Marlins uniform that never played for the big league club.
Would love the K.Bryant/C. Moran Draft Double and any of these if you pulled them.

BDPP 20 54 84 88 95 99 110 117 122 126

Thanks, Brett

Brett - I have a stack of the Marlins for you. Post as free.

Duane