Changes to COMC submissions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaybo374

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Did I read it correctly that COMC is tacking on a $3.00 fee if you are submitting cards which are older than 2019? If so, I guess they are overstocked in other years.

I haven’t sent in cards in over a year and a half and instead flip cards. However, this change will make rethink which cards I’ll include in a batch that I have been slowly building.

Is there anybody else there who sells on COMC who can clarify this for me?

Read it...looks like what u said or new system which does not work well with older cards so they charge u a fee because it has to be manually done by a person......GotMelky is a seller on COMC site. Best regards, David

I sell quite a bit on COMC and can say with certainty that this is not the case. I'm not sure what you read, but I just submitted some cards and the fees were the same as they've been for a long time.

With 2020 approaching, we wanted to remind you about the end-of-year update coming to our Current-Year Basic (1 month) and Current-Year Select (1-week) consignment services. These service levels offer expedited processing for newly released cards but have strict set year requirements which are updated twice per year.

Beginning January 1st, all cards submitted to the Current-Year service levels must be from 2019 single-year, 2019-20 dual-year, or newer products. Submissions containing any cards from other products will be assessed a missing/incorrect paperwork fee of $3.00 and the entire submission will be processed as regular Select or Basic.

Current-year submissions containing 2018-19 dual-year items must be postmarked by December 31st to be eligible for these services. On January 1st, 2018-19 cards will be retired from the Current-Year services, and submissions postmarked on this date or later will not be processed under the Current-Year services. Please take note of these changes to our current-year services when preparing your future consignment submissions. Our next Current Year Processing update will occur in June 2020.

As always, we recommend that sellers spot check the values of some of the items they are consigning that may already be available for sale on COMC. When supply exceeds demand on items, perceived value can differ from true market value. This is especially true for some 2018-19 products.

OK I understand. Here's the deal: If you submit cards to the basic service, the cost is $0.30 per card and your cards will be processed within two months.

If you submit cards using the Current Year Basic service, the cost is still $0.30 each and will be processed within a month. The kicker is that the cards have to be from the current year.

If you submit cards to the Current Year Basic service, but the cards were not issued during the current year (i.e. older cards), you will be charged a $3 fee. It's basically a fine for trying to get your cards processed early (or not paying attention).

OK I understand. Here's the deal: If you submit cards to the basic service, the cost is $0.30 per card and your cards will be processed within two months.

If you submit cards using the Current Year Basic service, the cost is still $0.30 each and will be processed within a month. The kicker is that the cards have to be from the current year.

If you submit cards to the Current Year Basic service, but the cards were not issued during the current year (i.e. older cards), you will be charged a $3 fee. It's basically a fine for trying to get your cards processed early (or not paying attention).
Makes sense now. Thanks for teen clarification.