1983 Fleer Autographed Project - The Needs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hey Mort.

Probably I can take the Dickie Thon, because currently he is coaching in PR.

Pete
Pete,
That would be great. I've tried him a number of times through the mail without success. I can send you a few others for yourself if you'd like.

Could you PM me your address? I'll send you some cards and a SASE shortly after Christmas.

Thanks!!
Mort-

Scott,
Good to see you around. After you appeared on Big League Stew did any tough autos come your way from the publicity?

I see you got Terry Bulling, how did you come across that one (if I remember correctly he is hard to track down, basically a nomad who lives in a Winnebago)?

Scott,
Good to see you around. After you appeared on Big League Stew did any tough autos come your way from the publicity?

I see you got Terry Bulling, how did you come across that one (if I remember correctly he is hard to track down, basically a nomad who lives in a Winnebago)?
(I haven't been on The Bench for a month or so ... everything has been busy....)

I was able to get quite a few toughies after the article came out. Ricky Wright and Terry "Bud" Bulling were two that immediately come to mind.

A relative of Bud's e-mailed me and offered assistance in getting his autograph. He said he doesn't see him often but would hang onto the 83 Fleer until he did. Sure enough ... about six months later ... the card was signed. VERY excited and more importantly grateful for that! I still have to get Gaylord Perry to sign that card. Perry charges for his autograph ... not a problem. I'd rather send some dollars and ensure it will get signed than not.

Pete Vuckovich is perhaps the most difficult not-deceased autograph to get. Luckily he's going to be appearing at a card show in St. Louis in February -- rumor has that this will be his last signing. Do I believe it? Not really ... but it's a chance I don't want to take. :)

List Updated! The "free" autograph requests are few and far between. I just got one: Rafael Landestoy!

If Dale Murphy comes back here this year to the MS Braves, I should be able to help you out with him. I have gotten him on about 15 cards over the last two years, just never had that one.

If Dale Murphy comes back here this year to the MS Braves, I should be able to help you out with him. I have gotten him on about 15 cards over the last two years, just never had that one.
Cool - that would be fantastic! I remember when Murphy played in the majors in the 80s. He was fantastic at requests through the mail. Often he would send a thank you note for being a great fan. Like you I have a bunch of Murphy autographs but none are the 83 Fleer.

If I can help you in anyway with other autographs or a trade for non-signed stuff, please let me know.
Scott-

It's been a while since I last checked out your progress. You are nailing this set!

How in the world did you land Ricky Wright? Any chance there is help available for a Dodger fan who would like him on his Dodger cards?

I would never have thought to chase him down in the past and it wasn't until I read someone's ebay listing or perhaps a website, did I find out how tough he apparently is to get. I always chased "better" players in the past, giving no focus to commons. It was not until I started the Topps All-Rookie team and found some very common players (Tony Curry, Jimmie Hall, Roy Foster, Rich Coggins and Rufino Linares to name a few) extremely tough to track down did I start to think about commons. I still have little interest in most commons, unless they are part of the Topps ART, the Dodgers (Wright is the only one that comes to mind right now other than maybe Vincent Romo) or the 1977-87 Mariners (Byron McLaughlin, Skip Jutze, Manny Sarmiento, Enrique Romo, Juan Beniquez, Juan Bernahrdt, Carlos Lopez, Jose Baez...see the trend here???).

(I haven't been on The Bench for a month or so ... everything has been busy....)

I was able to get quite a few toughies after the article came out. Ricky Wright and Terry "Bud" Bulling were two that immediately come to mind.

A relative of Bud's e-mailed me and offered assistance in getting his autograph. He said he doesn't see him often but would hang onto the 83 Fleer until he did. Sure enough ... about six months later ... the card was signed. VERY excited and more importantly grateful for that! I still have to get Gaylord Perry to sign that card. Perry charges for his autograph ... not a problem. I'd rather send some dollars and ensure it will get signed than not.

Pete Vuckovich is perhaps the most difficult not-deceased autograph to get. Luckily he's going to be appearing at a card show in St. Louis in February -- rumor has that this will be his last signing. Do I believe it? Not really ... but it's a chance I don't want to take. :)

List updated. Received Seattle Mariner Bill Caudill from a private signing from Tom Orr. According to SCN, Caudill has a 0% TTM success rate. I guess this would be my best opportunity...... :rolleyes:

Winfield and possibly some others you need are signing at Chris Potter's upcoming signing. Items need to be in by next week.

http://www.chrispottersports.com/january-2011-signings
Hi - I've checked Chris' web site. Some of the signings are a bit too pricey for me right now. However there is one that I need ... Dan Spillner ... that he's going to do a PS in the not-so-distant future.

Hey for any of the remaining Brewers you need you may want to bookmark Waukesha Sports Cards website. They do tons of signings relatively cheap and "specialize in 82 milwaukee brewers" so that would mean the 83 fleer... just a thought.

I believe the address is www.waukeshasportscards.com

mort if you can get me out tony gwynn card ASAP they are playing the long beach state tuesday. i have some for greatdadx2 im getting done. lmk if ya can send asap. thanks

mort if you can get me out tony gwynn card ASAP they are playing the long beach state tuesday. i have some for greatdadx2 im getting done. lmk if ya can send asap. thanks
Cool! I can drop it in the mail ASAP -- could you let me know your address? It's sitting on my desk with the envelope and SASE ready. Let me know if I can send you anything else for your help...!:) :)