1983 Fleer Autographed Project - The Needs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Received Miguel Dilone, Rafael Ramirez, and Cesar Geronimo from my friend who lives in the Dominican Republic!

Updated list with Randy Moffitt's TTM coming in earlier this week. The freebie autographs are few and far between at this point!

Revised the list with a recount of the autographs I have.

* Appears there are a total of 678 possible autograph cards instead of my original 674 count. The set has 660 issued cards but the checklist cards have teams on the front and the back -- so they get counted twice. With this recount, I'm not sure where the missing 4 came from. Guess I miscounted when I started this project about seven years ago.

* For the team checklist cards, I am getting the managers from their respective team. In some cases (Mets, A's, Royals for example), the manager is now deceased. I doubt these cards will ever show up so instead of skipping it or taping a "cut" autograph to the checklist card, I am getting a different coach from the team. As you will see shortly, I've gotten Ray Miller as the Orioles coach as Earl Weaver passed away this past February. Ray was the team's pitching coach.

* I've added the Super Star Special cards to this list. I'm intending to get both autographs on the card instead of singles on the same card. If the card isn't complete with the multiple signatures, then I do not consider it done.

* There is one last possible autograph spot: the back of card 660 which is a checklist of the team's checklists (redundant?). The front of the card is a checklist of the Super Star Special cards. For that, I got Commissioner Bowie Kuhn. For the back of this card ... who? :)

83F_Palmer_Expos.jpg

Added David Palmer today and my Expos team set is now complete!

List updated with recent additions of Ozzie Virgil (PHI), Willie Stargell (PIT), and Joe Lefebvre (SD).

Picked up Jason Thompson (Pirates) and Dennis Eckersley (Red Sox). Now at 638 of 678 (95%) complete.

Damn, I feel bad for you that Bud Anderson is still a hole in the set. I wonder where that card ended up after I mailed it to you (or was it Ed Glynn signed by Anderson…I can't remember now)!? I didn't realize how difficult he seems to be when we traded back then. I did end up getting him on a 79T Mariners Prospect card later on.

I also can't believe you still need Tim Flannery. i wonder if he doesn't sign that card or some other story. His sig is abundant!

Lasorda used to be an easy TTM, at least he was a couple of years ago....also got him in person a couple of times...the TTM and IP sigs were the same, if that was maybe a concern of yours

Damn, I feel bad for you that Bud Anderson is still a hole in the set. I wonder where that card ended up after I mailed it to you (or was it Ed Glynn signed by Anderson…I can't remember now)!? I didn't realize how difficult he seems to be when we traded back then. I did end up getting him on a 79T Mariners Prospect card later on.

I also can't believe you still need Tim Flannery. i wonder if he doesn't sign that card or some other story. His sig is abundant!
Ha. I had the Flannery autograph at one time and somehow / somewhere along the line it disappeared. He's tough TTM but you're right -- there are plenty to be had on the eBay market. I try to stay away from eBay purchases if I can.... :)

The 1983 Fleer Ed Glynn is an UER with a photo of Bud Anderson. I've had Glynn sign the card and write "This is Bud Anderson." I've tried Bud TTM (he lives in Wantagh, NY) a couple years ago without a reply. Should try him again, actually.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online