1983 Fleer Autographed Project - The Needs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lasorda used to be an easy TTM, at least he was a couple of years ago....also got him in person a couple of times...the TTM and IP sigs were the same, if that was maybe a concern of yours
Absolutely true, Robert. I should try him again this Spring. Perhaps a little earlier than usual (next week?).

Added Frank Robinson (HOF '82) on the Giants team checklist as he was San Francisco's manager at the time. Obtained through a recent private signing.

Tried to post a picture via Google Drive. Kept showing a broken image. Does the The Bench have the capability to host Google Drive photos?

Two more to add to the set
Lee Mazzilli from a paid private signing.
Dave Concepcion from (gulp) eBay. I try to avoid buying from eBay but the price was right (I made an offer that was accepted) and the signature is spot-on.

Most recent addition: completing the Vet / Rookie combo of Dave Winfield and Kent Hrbek.
Hrbek was TTM in 2016 (w/$5 donation)
Winfield was from a private signing in 2017 ($55)

437568.jpg

I can get you Flannery, his band is playing in my town in March I believe. He played here last year and signed everything for me, but I didnt have a 83 fleer in my possession.

I can get you Flannery, his band is playing in my town in March I believe. He played here last year and signed everything for me, but I didnt have a 83 fleer in my possession.
That would be great! I've tried to reach out to him through his Twitter account and web site but I didn't receive a response.

Can I send you anything in exchange for your help? Or perhaps some more Flannery cards? Thank you.
Scott

Had a few come in the past few weeks. Most recently: 1983 Fleer Kansas City Royals checklist card.

For most of the checklist cards I've had the respective manager sign. In some of the cases, the managers are deceased and the chances of me finding the signed card are very slim. What to do? I've requested coaches sign the card.

In the case of the Royals, Dick Howser passed away more than 30 years ago. His pitching coach, Cloyd Boyer (now age 90), was kind enough to sign the card (albeit on the wrong side, but I'll take it!) and added "Pitching Coach!"

That would be great! I've tried to reach out to him through his Twitter account and web site but I didn't receive a response.

Can I send you anything in exchange for your help? Or perhaps some more Flannery cards? Thank you.
Scott

You can just send me the card and I'd send it back. He also works for the giants tv station and does live broadcasts at the park so I would have a few chances at him.

The latest addition! Bud Anderson.

This is the only significant error card in the 1983 Fleer set: #408, the late Ed Glynn. This is an UER because the photo isn't Glynn but Bud Anderson.

I've written to Bud a few times since starting the project. Most recently I sent him a letter with a photo copy of the Ed Glynn-signed version with Ed's inscription "I'm not Bud Anderson."

Added Eddie Murray! Picked up through eBay. For the most part, I've tried to get the autographs either through a private signing, consignment, through the mail, or in-person. But as this project winds down, I'm becoming more, shall we say, flexible on how I get the autographs.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors