Official Graded Card of The Month Thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrchoholic83

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Fellow Benchies,

This thread will be dedicated to some of the best graded cards of all time, and some of your own submissions. I will be posting a new card each week for us to discuss.

Please feel free to submit a card of your own for the Graded Card of The Month thread, just PM me a picture or link to the card that you would like to submit, and if you would like your name to appear in the thread. This is not designated to only high end cards, all graded cards are welcome including non-sport.

-Jeremy

Last edited:
Let's start off with a bang:

1887 N172 Old Judge Cigarettes John Ward PSA 9

The odds of finding this card in this condition is next to impossible, what an amazing find! Imagine coming across this in your great grandparents attic...

john%252520ward.png

Its that time of week again...

This week's graded card of the week isn't actually graded yet. I thought this would be a good conversation piece for this week's showcase.

I just picked up this 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan/Jerry Koosman RC, after having seller's regret (sold my PSA 2 a couple years back). The card has BEAUTIFUL centering (this card is notorious for being off-centered), but the rest speaks for itself, a light crease by "METS", rounded soft corners, and some light scuff marks on the surface.

The PSA 2 I used to have had a badly worn front (Nolan's face was badly scuffed), and it was horribly off-centered, with soft rounded corners.

I am thinking this will grade a 2, my optimism isn't ruling out a 3. The crease is the wild card, it is a light crease, but a crease none the less.

Let me know what you think. This is definitely one of those cards that you have to ask, what if? With it's amazing centering this card could have been a 10 when it was pulled back in 1968.

I will send this in to PSA or BVG in the near future, and post the results in a future "Graded card of the Week" post.

nr.png
nrb.png

-Jeremy

Hey everyone,

This week I looked for the highest ending price of a sports issued PSA 10 card. And it just so happens to be the steroid free (as far as we know) AROD.

The Packers are on a tear this year and it is in big part due to Aaron Rodgers. I will be interested to see the Palmer/Rodgers matchup when Oakland battles Green Bay next week... SILVER AND BLACK! JUST WIN BABY!

Ending at $4,600 is a little much in my opinion for a 2005, but if you have the money, go for it!

arod.png

-Jeremy

This weeks card is a non-sport issue. 1985 Garbage Pail Kids Adam Bomb PSA 10. I can't believe these cards are going for $200+ in PSA 10 condition! I found my old box of these my parents got me and my brother when we were kids and they brought back some great/strange memories. These are definitely some of the strangest cards to ever come out, but I will always have fond memories of collecting them with my brother.

adambomb.png

-Jeremy

Hey everyone,

It's been a little crazy lately, but here is the latest in our addition to the Graded Card of the Month club:

1975 Topps Don Washington PSA 10

I just picked this up recently while trying to complete the 1975 Topps Basketball set. This set is a blast to collect so far (great pictures) and I am learning a lot about the ABA in the process.

Everyone should read a copy of Loose Balls: The Short, Wild Life of the American Basketball Association by Terry Pluto!

Scan10046.png

Thanks,

Jeremy