slowly moving excess base to storage - set builders welcome before its all put away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmcjr99

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
as some of you know , i recently spent time in the hospital and lost a part of my left foot so i've been basically confined to the couch the past few months....the house i'm living in was recently sold at a foreclosure auction but because of my limited mobility i have not been able to get things moved out or even find a new place so far....even worse , with no functioning air , the small place to which i'm confined has a constant temperature over 100 degrees 24-7 and is stacked floor to ceiling so i've gotten almost nothing done since the injury...with time quickly running out , i'm trying to go through random boxes , some of which i've had for many years and others i acquired at the local market and just set aside over the past 2 to 3 years...i want to try to fill in gaps in some of my own sets and possibly start a few more but aside from that i'd like to pare them down a bit before tucking them aside...these boxes are primarily base , some with rookies and stars bu most just commons and minor and semi stars , but i figured as i pull out each box , i'd post here to see if any set builders could use any of them before they get stored away for the next decade or so...

first box up is primarily bowman from 1992-2002 plus a few 2005 and 2006..for this one , i'm pretty sure most all stars and rookies have already been pulled , but if anyone can use commons for sets , i'm all ears....ideally would like to sell but would consider trading up for recent rookies or certain wantlist needs of my own....

sooooo......if you need any bowman base from these years , feel free to post your needs here and i'll check for availability....hope to get this 5-row box finished in the next day or two and have it moved to storage by sunday....once i wrap up this box i hope to dig out another and keep going til i get at least one big stack moved out....

next box to head for storage is 2018 donruss baseball.....i have MOST cards in this set available....i am missing a small handful of base and am pretty much out of a few diamond kings and most rated rookies...i do have at least one of most every variation available as well along with a stack of both blue and green holo (most of those were listed in one of my older threads).....if you can use any 2018 donruss , shoot me your lists of needs and i'll see if i can help you out....

current running list of items i've gotten at least semi-organized.....all base unless noted

1992 bowman
1993 bowman
1994 bowman
1995 bowman
1996 bowman
1998 bowman
1999 bowman
2001 bowman
2002 bowman
2005 bowman
2017 topps heritage
2018 donruss (w/blue holo , green holo , and variations)
2018 topps series 1
2018 topps series 2
2018 topps big league
2017 topps walmart holiday snowflake
2018 stadium club
2018 topps walmart holiday snowflake

next items set to be moved over the next 2-3 days......feel free to send me your wantlists for any of these ...
2017 donruss
2018 bowman platinum
2018 topps update
2018 topps gallery
2018 topps opening day
2016 topps walmart holiday snowflake

in addition to the base cards , i have lots of inserts left over from 2018 topps and bowman platinum....many of these are listed in my other thread : random items for sale

Last edited:
2018 donruss base , variations , blue holo , and green holo now rwady to be put away....

next up 2018 topps 1 , 2 , update , and opening day plus 2018 gallery , heritage , and bowman platinum...

would love to move some of this to hep make storage easier so feel free to shoot me your wanlists if you're still building these sets...

i pulled some aside to add to my player lots and i also put together a starter set (missing these 9 cards : 4 dejong , 13 robles , 14 mejia , 34 ohtani , 41 albies , 64 verdugo , 79 frazier , 86 judge , 100 harper).....

aside from that i packed up the rest for the move....not sure of the exact quantity , but i'd guess there are about 200-300 base and another 150-200 prospects...also have a bunch of the inserts and a handful of parallels (mostly ice and sky blue but a few numbered blue , purple , and green) listed in my other live thread...

I need to know the numbers....so stop telling me about the cards you all ready packed up......only the starter set...last time how many cards in the starter set! Best regards, David

sorry...i misunderstood your question....i thought you were asking how many i had left over (i was thinking you may have been asking about getting all the extras)

the starter set has 91 of the 100 cards in it and is missing these 9 cards :

4 dejong , 13 robles , 14 mejia , 34 ohtani , 41 albies , 64 verdugo , 79 frazier , 86 judge , 100 harper

(i actually have an albies here beside me but it has a surface scratch so i didnt put it in the starter set)

sorry...i misunderstood your question....i thought you were asking how many i had left over (i was thinking you may have been asking about getting all the extras)

the starter set has 91 of the 100 cards in it and is missing these 9 cards :

4 dejong , 13 robles , 14 mejia , 34 ohtani , 41 albies , 64 verdugo , 79 frazier , 86 judge , 100 harper

(i actually have an albies here beside me but it has a surface scratch so i didnt put it in the starter set)
I'm not collector of base cards......waste of time and money....How much dlvd for the stater set.....Best regards, David

I'll go the bubble envelope route and using paypal. Okay to post it for us or if u don't have the time...let me know and I'll post it for us. Best regards, David

Claude,

I hope things get better soon for you.

Here's what I can use for 2005 & 2006 Bowman;

2005 Bowman (1-330) Set
7 Andy Pettitte
8 Pat Burrell
9 Johnny Estrada
30 Nomar Garciaparra
35 David Wright
43 Mark Teixeira
45 Mike Piazza
55 Johnny Damon
62 Garret Anderson
66 Ronnie Belliard
76 Josh Beckett
81 Joe Mauer
84 Greg Maddux
105 Albert Pujols
141 Omar Quintanilla
142 Carlos Quentin
149 Trevor Plouffe
151 Philip Hughes
174 Justin Verlander
178 Nate McLouth
216 Ender Chavez
270 Erik Schindewolf
273 Matthew Kemp
275 Micah Furtado

2006 Bowman (1-220) Set
202 Charlton Jimerson

2006 Bowman Prospects (1-110) (B) Set
1 Alex Gordon
39 Clint Sammons
41 Matt Tolbert
75 Omir Santos
93 Tug Hulett
109 Leonard Davis

2006 Bowman Chrome Prospects (1-220) (BC) Set
1 Alex Gordon
18 Nick Adenhart
113 Cameron Maybin
130 Adam Heether
132 Radhames Liz
140 Will Thompson
145 Jason Windsor
148 Jon Niese
149 A.J. Shappi
171 Juan Ciriaco
187 Ching-Lung Lo
190 Josh Outman

2006 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks (1-65) (DP) Set
30 Kevin Gunderson

Let me know what you find and take your time. I will check your wants this weekend

Mike

Claude,

I found these for you:

2007 Bowman Chrome Refractor
8 Francisco Liriano
9 Prince Fielder

42 Daniel Descalso
46 Josh Horton
82 Robinson Diaz
95 Chris Coghlan

Mike

Claude,

I found these for you:

8 Francisco Liriano
9 Prince Fielder

42 Daniel Descalso
46 Josh Horton
82 Robinson Diaz
95 Chris Coghlan

Mike

so far i've found the following from your list above :

2005 Bowman (1-330) Set
8 Pat Burrell
9 Johnny Estrada
35 David Wright
55 Johnny Damon
62 Garret Anderson
66 Ronnie Belliard
76 Josh Beckett
81 Joe Mauer
142 Carlos Quentin
149 Trevor Plouffe
151 Philip Hughes
178 Nate McLouth
216 Ender Chavez
270 Erik Schindewolf
275 Micah Furtado

i dont hae much 2006 chrome , but i know i had one very small stack i picked up years ago that should still have at least a few of your needs - now the issue is FINDING them...

so far i've found the following from your list above :

2005 Bowman (1-330) Set
8 Pat Burrell
9 Johnny Estrada
35 David Wright
55 Johnny Damon
62 Garret Anderson
66 Ronnie Belliard
76 Josh Beckett
81 Joe Mauer
142 Carlos Quentin
149 Trevor Plouffe
151 Philip Hughes
178 Nate McLouth
216 Ender Chavez
270 Erik Schindewolf
275 Micah Furtado

i dont hae much 2006 chrome , but i know i had one very small stack i picked up years ago that should still have at least a few of your needs - now the issue is FINDING them...

No rush, take your time Claude. Send me a PM when you are ready.

Mike

Last edited:
added a few more items to the list in post 1.....still out of or at lest very low on most key rookies , but wantlists welcome....

got a few more items semi-organized this week.....still haven't actually moved everything yet nor have i got all my own sets built , but i have been getting stuff from numerous places a bit better organized and building quite a few small player lots for sale along the way.....still happy to help set builders or team collectors so feel free to post your needs and i'll see what i can do....