Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: 2020 RIP Thread

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items
    Gregory Tyree Boyce has died age 30......was actor in Twilight.
    Last edited by David K.; 05-19-2020 at 09:52 AM.
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Next Sat Contest is a regular contest..back to the old rules and chance for someone to add a good looking auto of Ken Griffey Jr. 2008 UD Heroes Red serial 18/25 to their collection! Contest will be posted on July 18, 2020

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Past away last Sat Lynn Shelton....age 54. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Next Sat Contest is a regular contest..back to the old rules and chance for someone to add a good looking auto of Ken Griffey Jr. 2008 UD Heroes Red serial 18/25 to their collection! Contest will be posted on July 18, 2020

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Jerry Sloan, former Chicago Bulls player and coach and long time coach of the Utah Jazz, passed away at 78 today. He is in the Hall of Fame as a coach and despite never winning an NBA title had one hell of a record!

Funny how you pay much closer attention to sports as a kid then you do as an adult. If you say Jerry Sloan to me, I think of him and Norm Van Lier as the long time backcourt for the Bulls in the 1970s. 99% of fans will immediately think "Utah Jazz coach" but I always remember him and Van Lier as one TOUGH defensive backcourt for the Bulls. Those two were some rough, physical cats and sadly both are gone now.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyfan34 View Post
    Said this awhile ago when Chuck Berry died, but of all the rockers in the 50's who seemed hell bent on self destruction, who would have thought that Jerry lee Lewis would be the last on standing?

RIP Little Richard
    I second your statement about Jerry Lee....There is a meme that I saw recently with Keith Richards, and it says "I outlived Elvis, Michael Jackson, and Amy Winehouse. Betcha didn't see that coming!"
    "For nothing will be impossible for God" ~ Luke 1:37

Check out my Custom Autograph Cards! http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showt...sic-Bench-back

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    Jerry Sloan, former Chicago Bulls player and coach and long time coach of the Utah Jazz, passed away at 78 today. He is in the Hall of Fame as a coach and despite never winning an NBA title had one hell of a record!

Funny how you pay much closer attention to sports as a kid then you do as an adult. If you say Jerry Sloan to me, I think of him and Norm Van Lier as the long time backcourt for the Bulls in the 1970s. 99% of fans will immediately think "Utah Jazz coach" but I always remember him and Van Lier as one TOUGH defensive backcourt for the Bulls. Those two were some rough, physical cats and sadly both are gone now.
    Rest in Peace Jerry Sloan! Best regards, David

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Well this is a downer. NBA Hall of Famer Wes Unseld, my favorite player as a kid, passed away today at age 74. He was the very first basketball player I followed as a youngster. My absolute favorite players growing up were Kansas City Chief WR Otis Taylor, Detroit Tigers outfielder Willie Horton and in basketball it was Wes, Elvin Hayes and a slew of ABA players most notebly George Gervin and George McGinnis. Very sad day for me with Wes's passing.
    Last edited by SymphonicMetal; 06-02-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to collectorskip's ebay items
    Mike McCormick, Cy Young winner, former Giant, at 81. RIP
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Mike McCormick, Cy Young winner, former Giant, at 81. RIP
    I had to do some research on him since I had forgotten he was a Cy Young Award winner. He really came out of nowhere to win that in 1967, the year before Bob Gibson and Denny McClain owned that aweard the next two seasons. He led the NL in wins that year and he also won the ERA title in 1960 with a record of 15-12. So he had a wins title, an era title and a Cy Young Award in what otherwise was a journeyman career. He was certainly a mainstay in card sets from the late 50s to the early 70s appearing on seemingly a different team every year. I always think of him as a San Francisco Giant despite playing for 6 or 7 teams in his career.
    Last edited by SymphonicMetal; 06-18-2020 at 09:38 PM.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    115,000 and counting......Rest in Peace......Arizona its spreading like crazy..and its summer time and very hot....People not wearing masks and not social distancing.....One eater in Arizona ...was proud not to wear masks and gloves...we are expressing our personal freedom! Remember the one person saying....it will soon be summer time and it will disappear like a bad dream.....Nope!
    Last edited by David K.; 06-19-2020 at 01:19 AM.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    When you get busy with other things, amazing the things that you miss. I try not to watch the news much and ESPN is virtually non-existant in terms of relevance right now. Completely missed on Jerry Sloan and Wes Unselds passing.

Did see this morning that Jim Kiick passed away. Former Miami Dolphin. Same backfield as Larry Czonka. Believe he was a part of the last undefeated team in the NFL.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to collectorskip's ebay items
    Kurt Thomas, Olympic gymnast, June 5, 2020 at age 64.RIP.
    On small trades I use PWE but'll use a bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader. Please be patient: I love trading, but I don't have enuf time for it, so it takes me a while.

Check my site: http://www.freewebs.com/frankpell/ for wants and trade items.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to mickels2006's ebay items
    RIP Jean Kennedy Smith. JFK's sister and former U.S. Ambassador to Ireland, died June 17th.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to cmcjr99's ebay items
    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    kurt thomas, olympic gymnast, june 5, 2020 at age 64.rip.
    gymkata !!
    Claude's Card Corner
    Want ANY USC Gamecocks such as Renaldo Balkman , Tiffany Mitchell , Alaina Coates , Dunta Robinson , Jonathan Joseph , Fred Bennett , Connor Shaw , Duce Staley , Sidney Rice , Jadeveon Clowney , Alshon Jeffery , Melvin Ingram , Marcus Lattimore , Landon Powell , Whit Merrifield , Jordan Montgomery , Justin Smoak & Steve Pearce (full list on my site)

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Rest in Peace Jim Kiick! Running back for the dolphins during their perfect season!

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to cmcjr99's ebay items
    Eddie Kasko, an All-Star infielder who managed the Boston Red Sox and spent nearly three decades with the team in a variety of roles, died Wednesday. The Red Sox announced Kasko's death Wednesday night, three days shy of his 89th birthday.
    Claude's Card Corner
    Want ANY USC Gamecocks such as Renaldo Balkman , Tiffany Mitchell , Alaina Coates , Dunta Robinson , Jonathan Joseph , Fred Bennett , Connor Shaw , Duce Staley , Sidney Rice , Jadeveon Clowney , Alshon Jeffery , Melvin Ingram , Marcus Lattimore , Landon Powell , Whit Merrifield , Jordan Montgomery , Justin Smoak & Steve Pearce (full list on my site)