1974 Dan Goich #102

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfergu5471

Bench Warmer
Can anyone out there explain to me why a $1 card on Beckett and every other printed price guide is going for $80-100 on EBay and other auction sites???? Just curious if there is some version of the real story known to collectors or this is just a card hyped up ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I see a reference to old pro football players (especially the more obscure ones) I just have to check it out. And Dan Goich qualifies on both counts.

I googled his name and nothing much appears. He has one of the shortest Wikipedia pages I have ever seen. Apparently he was a teacher in the Las Vegas area according to the following blog.

http://www.johngysbeat.com/2010/04/autograph-talesdan-goich.html

After seeing the EBAY listings for that card (his only card BTW), I am beginning to think this is being done as a joke by one seller or by several sellers just to see what reactions they will get. There is no other explanation for this as I know of no rare variations for this card. I'll double check on the variations but unless there has been some new discovery, I'd have heard of it by now.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online