What Happened to The Bench?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beachbum

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I've been gone for a few years raising kids and fighting my now ex-wife in a divorce but I'm trying to rekindle my hobby. I noticed so many things are missing from the Bench, our trader points are no more? How do we gain access into the various halls of the HOF if we don't get trade points anymore?

I don't think I'll miss bench bucks, but am very surprised about the good trader point system.

Maybe I'm missing something somewhere where this is all explained, any info appreciated.

Brian

The Trade Manager is not working....You can still see your Bench points for trades on your profile. By clicking on profile and then click about me..... You can see the issues further down from the thread you posted. They are currently trying to fix the problem with the trade manager...its been about 53 days. Nice to see you! Best regards, David

Last edited:
The Trade Manager is not working....You can still see your Bench points for trades on your profile. By clicking on profile and then click about me..... You can see the issues further down from the thread you posted. They are currently trying to fix the problem with the trade manager...its been about 53 days. Nice to see you! Best regards, David

Thanks David

Brian! Great to see you on here, so sorry to hear about your ex, but hope the kids are well! Welcome back to an old friend!

Blessings,

Kevin

I'm just going to come right out and say it. The site went to crap a couple of years ago. We used to have the benchies every year. Winners got a cool avatar on their sig. I won several and before I ever got my avatars, they shut it down. I'm not blaming anybody specifically, I realize this is a hobby for most everybody here, it just sucks how much fun it used to be here. Traffic here has decreased so much lately as well. Used to be the place to go for trading. No we have issues that people say should be an easy fix that linger on and on for months. Its just not what it used to be. Fortunately, most of us know each other so trading hasn't completely stopped. I'm sorry for ranting but it needed said. Welcome back!!

There is a thread offering help to assist to help fix the code. Currently there is no indication that the site is being looked at because the owner - curated is not currently responding to multiple attempts by multiple people. My guess the site will live until the domain expires with the host.

Registry Expiry Date: 2021-02-02T13:48:48Z According to Whois

There is a thread offering help to assist to help fix the code. Currently there is no indication that the site is being looked at because the owner - curated is not currently responding to multiple attempts by multiple people. My guess the site will live until the domain expires with the host.

Registry Expiry Date: 2021-02-02T13:48:48Z According to Whois
That's about 9 months away. Best regards, David

I'm just going to come right out and say it. The site went to crap a couple of years ago. We used to have the benchies every year. Winners got a cool avatar on their sig. I won several and before I ever got my avatars, they shut it down. I'm not blaming anybody specifically, I realize this is a hobby for most everybody here, it just sucks how much fun it used to be here. Traffic here has decreased so much lately as well. Used to be the place to go for trading. No we have issues that people say should be an easy fix that linger on and on for months. Its just not what it used to be. Fortunately, most of us know each other so trading hasn't completely stopped. I'm sorry for ranting but it needed said. Welcome back!!

Yeah, you can tell that the Bench could use some TLC. Its too bad, was and still is my favorite of all the boards I used to be on.

Does anyone have recommendations for a new trade site? I belong to SCF already. Anyone have a better one? I looked at blowout. They seem similar but about 90% of their posts were sales. I'm looking to trade or sell; not buy usually. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

Does anyone have recommendations for a new trade site? I belong to SCF already. Anyone have a better one? I looked at blowout. They seem similar but about 90% of their posts were sales. I'm looking to trade or sell; not buy usually. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

Facebook seems to be taking over, jus sayin'