A Jumbo Box of Bowman Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Do these high prices have anything to do with factory shut downs due to the Coronavirus which makes these issues legitimately short printed? I started a topic on this a little over a month ago wondering if potential factory shut downs would cause the supply of 2020 sports cards to be much lower than normal and therefore demanding a higher price than in preivious years..

There is something to be said for this. Would probably cause a shortage.

You can bring your bench points over to SCF so you won't be labeled a newbie

This would be cool.

With our trade manager issues, I think it will be hard to transfer bench points over to SFC. Maybe there is another way to skip the newbie status at other sites.

Billy

But if it can't happen, then I'll deal with it. Truly is a first world problem that I shouldn't be complaining about.

Side note...after almost 8 years, I finally figured out how to multi-quote, lol.

Do these high prices have anything to do with factory shut downs due to the Coronavirus which makes these issues legitimately short printed? I started a topic on this a little over a month ago wondering if potential factory shut downs would cause the supply of 2020 sports cards to be much lower than normal and therefore demanding a higher price than in preivious years..

I don't think so -- I truly believe it is a byproduct of the breakers and the speculators driving prices up.2018 Topps U/H went nuts because Acuna went nuts. 2020 Bowman is going nuts for a player that hasn't seen a pitch in the minor leagues yet. Eventually the bubble will burst and it will be left to us little guys to support the market.

You can bring your bench points over to SCF so you won't be labeled a newbie

I thought I read in their FAQ that they no longer accepted points from other sites. May have to double check, but can see why they wouldn't.

I don't think so -- I truly believe it is a byproduct of the breakers and the speculators driving prices up.2018 Topps U/H went nuts because Acuna went nuts. 2020 Bowman is going nuts for a player that hasn't seen a pitch in the minor leagues yet. Eventually the bubble will burst and it will be left to us little guys to support the market.

I would have thought that collectors would have learned from past experience that speculting on these prospects (many of whom turn into suspects) is not a good idea. Baseball card history is littered with these overhyped guys since the 1980s. For every Mike Trout there are 100 Gregg Jeffries.

Just taking the lower figure of $300 a box youd be surprised how many HOF RCs one could buy for that amount of money. From the mid 60s Joe Morgan, Jim Palmer, Fergie Jenkins and Don Sutons RCs add up to $280 high book which is less than what some are paying for a box of current products!?!?! Well, you know the old saying about "fools and their money".

I would have thought that collectors would have learned from past experience that speculting on these prospects (many of whom turn into suspects) is not a good idea. Baseball card history is littered with these overhyped guys since the 1980s. For every Mike Trout there are 100 Gregg Jeffries.

Just taking the lower figure of $300 a box youd be surprised how many HOF RCs one could buy for that amount of money. From the mid 60s Joe Morgan, Jim Palmer, Fergie Jenkins and Don Sutons RCs add up to $280 high book which is less than what some are paying for a box of current products!?!?! Well, you know the old saying about "fools and their money".

Couldn't agree more. It is funny that you mention Trout - don't think many thought of him as a star when his first card came out. It was only later that everyone got on the train. Looking at buying boxes to break and hand collating or just buying a finished set - financially the latter is the better choice and than using the $$$'s saved to go out and grab nice vintage cards isn't a bad way to go.

Someone is selling the 2020 Topps series I with the rookie medillion for $79.99...down from $90.00 ....at Target only $9.99.....now there hogging all the retail stuff at Target and Walmart!! Come and get your Kool aid while its hot!! s-l1600.jpg

The card companys are screwing the local hobby stores by allocating stock and selling more to breakers. This is Topps being greedy and not caring about the end user customers. I hear now that 2020 Topps series 2 is going to double in cost this year too. I think Topps is trying to set themselves up as the direct seller for all products.

You are right on the money with this..........There a breaker in the Nashville area that gets a ton of unopened stuff..........A friend has a LCS and he has confirmed this.........I doubt this trend will last forever though..........