Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to Scobes's ebay items
    Go to Scobes's comc items
    Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    I am hoping that The Bench is able to right itself and get back to being the best place to trade on the internet. But at the same time, I have joined a couple of other sites - Blowout and SCF. To me SCF is the better of the two sites - seems much friendlier to collectors/traders like me. Those that are more interested in building their collections and not their bottom line. Just my humble opinion.

But getting back to card prices....only cards I have busted lately were in bags of Utz Chips. Can't beat the price for a pack, and you get 12 bags of chips with it!
    Yes, let's believe that the Bench can be saved!

Scobes
    TRADELIST https://sites.google.com/site/scobestraders/home
    Wantlist https://sites.google.com/site/scobes...baseball-wants
    Baseball - Mark McGwire, Roger Clemens, Phillies (in PHI uniform)
    Hockey - Valeri Kamensky, Chris Bala, Patrick Rissmiller, Bob Kudelski, & Autos/#ed/Base cards of Flyers (in PHI uniform)
    Football- Philadelphia Eagles Autographs
    Golf - Tiger Woods

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    The problem for me with joining another site is having to start over. I have (almost) 8 years at the Bench and being a 'newbie' again on SCF or one of these other sites is just not appealing right now. I know you have to put your time in but I've done that at Peggy's long ago and I'm just to the point where I'm feeling like a member at the Bench.
    I collect Topps/Topps Traded/Topps Chrome - base and inserts
    Base card wantlist - http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showt...ps-Update-base
    Insert card wantlist (2nd post is inserts for trade) - http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showt...erts-2010-2015

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by jweech View Post
    The problem for me with joining another site is having to start over. I have (almost) 8 years at the Bench and being a 'newbie' again on SCF or one of these other sites is just not appealing right now. I know you have to put your time in but I've done that at Peggy's long ago and I'm just to the point where I'm feeling like a member at the Bench.
    Honestly, that was my biggest fear/hesitation as well, starting over. But based on the number of familiar names that I see, especially on SCF, it really doesn't feel any different at all. Only thing will be getting used to navigating the site, which is just a little different. But that shouldn't take too long.

Again - hoping The Bench can be resurrected and we can all continue here as a big, happy family.
    Building Topps sets from 1969 to the present. Always looking for Puckett cards.

wantlists updated, new player tradelists added.
    http://www.katester44.webs.com/

Kirby Puckett havelist:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...sH&hl=en#gid=0

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Do these high prices have anything to do with factory shut downs due to the Coronavirus which makes these issues legitimately short printed? I started a topic on this a little over a month ago wondering if potential factory shut downs would cause the supply of 2020 sports cards to be much lower than normal and therefore demanding a higher price than in preivious years..

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to dpcampsportscards's ebay items
    Go to campd0913's comc items
    Quote Originally Posted by jweech View Post
    You can bring your bench points over to SCF so you won't be labeled a newbie

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Here why Bowman is outrages Jasson Dominguez his Bowman Chrome Prospect is selling for $100+

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to mickels2006's ebay items
    With our trade manager issues, I think it will be hard to transfer bench points over to SFC. Maybe there is another way to skip the newbie status at other sites.

Billy

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicMetal View Post
    Do these high prices have anything to do with factory shut downs due to the Coronavirus which makes these issues legitimately short printed? I started a topic on this a little over a month ago wondering if potential factory shut downs would cause the supply of 2020 sports cards to be much lower than normal and therefore demanding a higher price than in preivious years..
    There is something to be said for this. Would probably cause a shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer913 View Post
    This would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavezforprez View Post
    With our trade manager issues, I think it will be hard to transfer bench points over to SFC. Maybe there is another way to skip the newbie status at other sites.

Billy
    But if it can't happen, then I'll deal with it. Truly is a first world problem that I shouldn't be complaining about.

Side note...after almost 8 years, I finally figured out how to multi-quote, lol.
    I collect Topps/Topps Traded/Topps Chrome - base and inserts
    Base card wantlist - http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showt...ps-Update-base
    Insert card wantlist (2nd post is inserts for trade) - http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showt...erts-2010-2015

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavezforprez View Post

Billy
    Good point..I wonder If they would do references ?

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    I don't think so -- I truly believe it is a byproduct of the breakers and the speculators driving prices up.2018 Topps U/H went nuts because Acuna went nuts. 2020 Bowman is going nuts for a player that hasn't seen a pitch in the minor leagues yet. Eventually the bubble will burst and it will be left to us little guys to support the market.

I thought I read in their FAQ that they no longer accepted points from other sites. May have to double check, but can see why they wouldn't.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to mdword's ebay items
    Good point..I wonder If they would do references ?

They use to transfer points but no longer do it.
    LINK TO TRADE PAGES
    https://sites.google.com/site/richstradepages/home

Players I collect:
    C.Jones, J.Smoltz, C.Ripken Jr., N.Ryan, G.Maddux, T.Glavine, H.Aaron, Ronald Acuna, Ozzie Albies

Also Any Tribute Base (2012 Tribute is complete)

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by katester44 View Post
    I don't think so -- I truly believe it is a byproduct of the breakers and the speculators driving prices up.2018 Topps U/H went nuts because Acuna went nuts. 2020 Bowman is going nuts for a player that hasn't seen a pitch in the minor leagues yet. Eventually the bubble will burst and it will be left to us little guys to support the market.
    I would have thought that collectors would have learned from past experience that speculting on these prospects (many of whom turn into suspects) is not a good idea. Baseball card history is littered with these overhyped guys since the 1980s. For every Mike Trout there are 100 Gregg Jeffries.

Just taking the lower figure of $300 a box youd be surprised how many HOF RCs one could buy for that amount of money. From the mid 60s Joe Morgan, Jim Palmer, Fergie Jenkins and Don Sutons RCs add up to $280 high book which is less than what some are paying for a box of current products!?!?! Well, you know the old saying about "fools and their money".

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    I would have thought that collectors would have learned from past experience that speculting on these prospects (many of whom turn into suspects) is not a good idea. Baseball card history is littered with these overhyped guys since the 1980s. For every Mike Trout there are 100 Gregg Jeffries.

Just taking the lower figure of $300 a box youd be surprised how many HOF RCs one could buy for that amount of money. From the mid 60s Joe Morgan, Jim Palmer, Fergie Jenkins and Don Sutons RCs add up to $280 high book which is less than what some are paying for a box of current products!?!?! Well, you know the old saying about "fools and their money".
    Couldn't agree more. It is funny that you mention Trout - don't think many thought of him as a star when his first card came out. It was only later that everyone got on the train. Looking at buying boxes to break and hand collating or just buying a finished set - financially the latter is the better choice and than using the $$$'s saved to go out and grab nice vintage cards isn't a bad way to go.

Kirby Puckett havelist:

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items
    Someone is selling the 2020 Topps series I with the rookie medillion for $79.99...down from $90.00 ....at Target only $9.99.....now there hogging all the retail stuff at Target and Walmart!! Come and get your Kool aid while its hot!!
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items
    Let me make a profit of 600 or 700 per cent.........don't care if I'm going to hell.......just want your dollars for my Honey!
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.