Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Topps project 2020 why so valuable?

My wife got me #23 Frank Thomas Ben Baller for $22 around Easter. Last few weeks these have been skyrocketing on eBay same card sold $865 yesterday. Just looking for insight on the value of it.
    Unofficial Frank Thomas Super Collector!
    Autographs:3 Cards, 2 8x10's,1 Baseball
    Around 1200 cards and climbing!
    Also looking for White Sox Allen&Ginter Relics, Gordon Beckham, Mark Buehrle and Paul Konerko

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to mdword's ebay items
    Quote Originally Posted by 558561 View Post
    My wife got me #23 Frank Thomas Ben Baller for $22 around Easter. Last few weeks these have been skyrocketing on eBay same card sold $865 yesterday. Just looking for insight on the value of it.
    I have been buying the just before the sky rocking prices that are happening now. Most of it is they are done by various artist, and print run will play a part.
    Can't help but feeling once they hit the top some will drop in BV. But in the mean time they are worth buying from Topps.
    LINK TO TRADE PAGES
    https://sites.google.com/site/richstradepages/home

Players I collect:
    C.Jones, J.Smoltz, C.Ripken Jr., N.Ryan, G.Maddux, T.Glavine, H.Aaron, Ronald Acuna, Ozzie Albies

Also Any Tribute Base (2012 Tribute is complete)

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Mike Schmidt

Go to Hoosier_Buddy's ebay items
    It's just like the living set. Initial print runs were low, because people didn't know about them. Then they hit eBay and people went bonkers.

Now, people are buying multiple copies from topps in order to flip them for stupid money, so the bubble is about to burst. The last one, griffey, has a run of almost 100000.

Also, they are ugly as hell. So glad schmidt and bryant have been excluded from this madness so far.
    Hoosier
    ---------
    Trading Interests:
    Javier Baez, Ernie Banks, Johnny Bench, Kris Bryant, Willson Contreras, Ian Kinsler, Greg Maddux, Mike Schmidt, Corey Seager & Mike Trout. Victor Oladipo. Jordan Howard & Walter Payton

EVERYTHING I have available for trade is on my tradelist page. If it's not on that page, I don't have it. It's really that simple. Hoosier's Tradelist

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    My Thomas project 2020 and Moncada living don't have print run on card. Thomas has the project 2020 sticker and got Moncada at The National convention.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by 558561 View Post
    My Thomas project 2020 and Moncada living don't have print run on card. Thomas has the project 2020 sticker and got Moncada at The National convention.
    They aren't serial #ed. The print run is just how many Topps sold. That Thomas has a print run of 2836.

Beckett lists it with $150 book value.
    Brad Ziegler 345/650Wantlist Click Here
    RC's & Autos Of Mike Trout,Aaron Judge,Matt Olson,Matt Chapman,Ronald Acuna,Juan Soto, Jose Altuve,Mookie Betts,Christian Yelich,Bryce Harper, Ramon Laureano,Vladimir Guerrero Jr.,Fernando Tatis Jr.,Pete Alonso,Anthony Rendon,
    Football Shaquem Griffin & Alabama Crimson Tide players
    Boxing/MMA- Micky Ward, Gina Carano

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    A lot of the recent ones have print runs of over 10,000 so I think the values of those won't get as high as some of the ones that were released early on.
    Brad Ziegler 345/650Wantlist Click Here
    RC's & Autos Of Mike Trout,Aaron Judge,Matt Olson,Matt Chapman,Ronald Acuna,Juan Soto, Jose Altuve,Mookie Betts,Christian Yelich,Bryce Harper, Ramon Laureano,Vladimir Guerrero Jr.,Fernando Tatis Jr.,Pete Alonso,Anthony Rendon,
    Football Shaquem Griffin & Alabama Crimson Tide players
    Boxing/MMA- Micky Ward, Gina Carano

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Yeah, the bubble burst after last weekend sadly. I have that Baller Thomas, too and for a day it was selling for over $1,000 on eBay. This morning one sold for $225.

Maybe when everything bottoms out, those early low print cards will rise in value again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ***Current Want List***

Collecting Parallels/Numbered/SPs and RCs of Keston Hiura, Acuna, Trout, Soto, Yelich

PROSPECTS: Jarred Kelenic, Julio Rodriguez, Jo Adell, Wander Franco, Marco Luciano

RCs: Betts (2014), Bellinger (2017), Torres (2018), Tatis, Vlad Jr., Pete Alonso (2019), Lux, Alvarez, Bichette (2020)

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Sean Taylor

Go to hollamv7's ebay items
    Go to Rabs's comc items
    Shocking to me how much these cards are going for. I think they are hideous and a dumb fad but to each their own.
    -Brian Orakpo, Sean Taylor, and Craig Kimbrel Super Collector!
    -Collect Braves (Acuna/Albies/Freeman/Swanson/Pache/Riley/Waters/Wright/Soroka among others), Mike Trout, Blake Snell 2016, Matt Chapman 2017 Update/Chrome Update, Roger Federer.

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/rabs/a...kies-prospects - use the drop down box to look through all my albums

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to 3greyhounds's ebay items
    The #12 Gooden is showing a BV of $1500. What the heck!
    Collecting Cal Ripken, Rick Dempsey, Buster Posey, and Paul Goldschmidt. Trade links below.

My Want/Tradelist
    Cal Ripken Jr. "Have" List
    Buster Posey "Have" List
    Paul Goldschmidt "Have" List

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    People are collecting the artist as much as they are the player.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Sean Taylor

Go to Rabs's comc items
    Quote Originally Posted by 3greyhounds View Post
    The #12 Gooden is showing a BV of $1500. What the heck!
    How much was it to buy?

-Collect Braves (Acuna/Albies/Freeman/Swanson/Pache/Riley/Waters/Wright/Soroka among others), Mike Trout, Blake Snell 2016, Matt Chapman 2017 Update/Chrome Update, Roger Federer.

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/rabs/a...kies-prospects - use the drop down box to look through all my albums

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to 3greyhounds's ebay items
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabs View Post
    How much was it to buy?

Anywhere from $9.99 to $19.99 is what I saw on the Topps website. Looked at a few, thought they were ugly, didn't bother. What was I thinking???
    Collecting Cal Ripken, Rick Dempsey, Buster Posey, and Paul Goldschmidt. Trade links below.

My Want/Tradelist
    Cal Ripken Jr. "Have" List
    Buster Posey "Have" List
    Paul Goldschmidt "Have" List

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Sean Taylor

Go to Rabs's comc items
    Quote Originally Posted by 3greyhounds View Post
    Anywhere from $9.99 to $19.99 is what I saw on the Topps website. Looked at a few, thought they were ugly, didn't bother. What was I thinking???
    That's insane.