Topps project 2020 why so valuable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MVP
5.00 star(s)
My wife got me #23 Frank Thomas Ben Baller for $22 around Easter. Last few weeks these have been skyrocketing on eBay same card sold $865 yesterday. Just looking for insight on the value of it.

My wife got me #23 Frank Thomas Ben Baller for $22 around Easter. Last few weeks these have been skyrocketing on eBay same card sold $865 yesterday. Just looking for insight on the value of it.

I have been buying the just before the sky rocking prices that are happening now. Most of it is they are done by various artist, and print run will play a part.
Can't help but feeling once they hit the top some will drop in BV. But in the mean time they are worth buying from Topps.

It's just like the living set. Initial print runs were low, because people didn't know about them. Then they hit eBay and people went bonkers.

Now, people are buying multiple copies from topps in order to flip them for stupid money, so the bubble is about to burst. The last one, griffey, has a run of almost 100000.

Also, they are ugly as hell. So glad schmidt and bryant have been excluded from this madness so far.

My Thomas project 2020 and Moncada living don't have print run on card. Thomas has the project 2020 sticker and got Moncada at The National convention.

My Thomas project 2020 and Moncada living don't have print run on card. Thomas has the project 2020 sticker and got Moncada at The National convention.

They aren't serial #ed. The print run is just how many Topps sold. That Thomas has a print run of 2836.

Beckett lists it with $150 book value.

A lot of the recent ones have print runs of over 10,000 so I think the values of those won't get as high as some of the ones that were released early on.

Yeah, the bubble burst after last weekend sadly. I have that Baller Thomas, too and for a day it was selling for over $1,000 on eBay. This morning one sold for $225.

Maybe when everything bottoms out, those early low print cards will rise in value again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocking to me how much these cards are going for. I think they are hideous and a dumb fad but to each their own.