September 30 2002

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wow! Such big news, and good news. Thank you to Pete and Mike, as well. The Bench lives on!

Pete Thanks for a great run here! It was great to play golf with you and your cousins Paul and Izzy at Chief's tournaments. Best of luck to you going forward!

Scott

Congratulations Mike, you have my support. I have to hand to you Peter, The Bench has the best name of any site. Best wishes to you both.

Dave

Last edited:
Pete, Thanks for Starting What I Think is the Best Trading Site There Is! Have Fun With Your Kids. Thank You Jeff

Mike, Thank You for Letting the Site Live On! LMK if I can Ever Help, Jeff

Pete, my thanks as well for everything you've done for The Bench. Enjoy your family - they grow up way too fast!

Best,
Dan

Can't believe I have been a part of the site for 12 years. Without The Bench, my collection wouldn't be close to what it is now. The members here are an incredible group of people (golfing isn't their strong suit - but they are great people!)

Thank you Pete for creating this and allowing us to play in your sandbox all these years!

Considering this site saved my collecting habits, and being a member for 16 years now, I can't thank you guys/gals enough!
I've met some life long friends here and met some great traders always willing to help and get a trade rolling.

Here is to another 16! Cheers!:cool:

This has been such an awesome thread, I could not be any happier to see some familiar faces....avatars more like!!

It is the people who make this site what it is, just a great community and so much kindness...so many people who are willing to give something for nothing, out of the goodness of their hearts. When it looked last week like we may have been nearing the end, I told my wife about it. She said, "that has been part of your life for how long?" 9 years, and you guys have been here for me! I mean in the last 9 years, the births of all 3 of our children, so many life events....I am thankful that we are staying right here!!

Blessings,

Kevin

This has been such an awesome thread, I could not be any happier to see some familiar faces....avatars more like!!

It is the people who make this site what it is, just a great community and so much kindness...so many people who are willing to give something for nothing, out of the goodness of their hearts. When it looked last week like we may have been nearing the end, I told my wife about it. She said, "that has been part of your life for how long?" 9 years, and you guys have been here for me! I mean in the last 9 years, the births of all 3 of our children, so many life events....I am thankful that we are staying right here!!

Blessings,

Kevin

Couldn't have said it better myself.........

Couldn't have said it better myself.........

Thanks Mike! I honestly think that this whole situation has given us a chance to evaluate how important this community has been to us, and the thought of losing what we have here is a sad one!

That having been said, I have seen some names from the past recently re-emerge....I wonder if we all reached out to someone who was a former member and let them know that the Bench is back, if we could boost our membership again? It has been exciting to see so much action on the threads and in the forums recently, its like old times again!

Blessings,

Kevin

I agree with everyone here. I joined in 2010 on the suggestion of someone over on the Beckett message boards, and have made some trades with several very helpful members to help me attain my collection goals. Pete, thank you for everything you did to make this site what it is. Mike you are taking over a great site, and know that it is in good hands. Thank you both for every thing you have done for this community.

I've been here since 2004 and it has been a great site and will continue to be. Great people, great traders, great getaway. Did not take me long to switch over from the Topps forum (not even sure that's up anymore)

Kudos to Mike for taking over as I know it's no small task and Pete - it was no easy task to start!

Thanks to both of you!

I have never officially left, always seemed top pop in and read every couple of weeks, but have been mostly inactive for many years now. I found other forums when the conversations just didn't seem to have any staying power and the new content was minimal. I once called The Bench my online card collecting home and would be happy to return to the old ways if the site can sustain it. My new home is starting to feel a little stale now too...I just hope that the card collecting community online can keep chugging away. Each sites seems to have its own niche and many people are members of several different sites, presumably for different experiences they can't get at the other. Good luck to the new owner and i look forward to seeing how that change affects the site moving forward.

i have never officially left, always seemed top pop in and read every couple of weeks, but have been mostly inactive for many years now. I found other forums when the conversations just didn't seem to have any staying power and the new content was minimal. I once called the bench my online card collecting home and would be happy to return to the old ways if the site can sustain it. My new home is starting to feel a little stale now too...i just hope that the card collecting community online can keep chugging away. Each sites seems to have its own niche and many people are members of several different sites, presumably for different experiences they can't get at the other. Good luck to the new owner and i look forward to seeing how that change affects the site moving forward.
mr mopar
hi glad to see you do check in once in awhile take care my friend and stay nsafe and healthy
your buddy
chieftazmisty

Renaissance! Great word! Even greater concept, and I agree with everyone, there is something special about our community here, and we are the best site on the internet! The Bench has connected traders for years now, and for years to come! I couldnt be happier to see some old friends on here, welcome back everyone!

Blessings,

Kevin

THANKS Pete You did a FANATIC job with this site and I had a lot of fun watching you play golf THANKS for everything
Jack