September 30 2002

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Bench Founder
Hi everyone!

September 30 2002 that almost 18 years ago!!! What's the big deal about that date?

Well it's the day this site went live, out of frustration dealing with other trade forums I decided to
start my own. It was just for fun, never thought it would gain traction like it did. Meet some great
people along the way and expanded my collection when time allowed.

Over the past few years my collecting habits have diminished along with the free time to put into
keeping the site running. From single to a full blown family with 2 kids will do that.

I am pleased to announce that today the site's ownership has changed hands, it was not an easy
decision. Mike Matthews (USER) Mike121 is the new owner of the site and is looking to restore it
back to it's glory days and keep it going for hopefully and 18 years!

Thanks to everyone along the way that made this site one of the best to trade on!

Hey you never know when that collecting bug might bite me, so this isn't goodbye from me.

Pete, thanks for everything you have done. Enjoy your family they are a blessing. Mike 121 if there is anything you need from me just let me know.

I am pleased to announce that today the site's ownership has changed hands, it was not an easy
decision. Mike Matthews (USER) Mike121 is the new owner of the site and is looking to restore it
back to it's glory days and keep it going for hopefully and 18 years!

Thanks, Peter. I'm looking forward to continuing what you've started, to keep this as one the best sports card trading sites on the internet.

Mike 121 if there is anything you need from me just let me know.

Thanks. Right now I'm just going to take a few days to get to know the site, and its community, and come up with a game plan to move the site forward.

Pete, thank you having the insight and desire to create the top trading site on the web. I love the people here and it pleases me greatly to here that it will continue to thrive. Thank you again and best wishes.
Rick

Pete-thanks for everything you did to start this community and for the dream you had in starting the Bench. I know this isn't goodbye!

Thanks for getting the site where it is and allowing us to continue as a family. Here's to the future

Henry

Pete - I can't thank you enough for creating The Bench. This is an absolutely amazing community! I'm proud to be a part of it!

Mike - Thank you for being willing to step in and allow The Bench to continue! I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds for our great community!

Thanks
Craig

Thanks Pete for great site and hope to see you around this site as a collector. Going to be interesting to see how the Trade manager can be fixed or updated on this site or will the site merge with the sports card club? Best regards, David

YAY! Thanks Pete for starting and maintaining this great site, I have absolutely loved it for so many years, and am SO excited to learn that we are moving forward into the next era! Welcome Mike, and I am truly excited. I really do love the Bench, it is the best site on the internet, I am on multiple times per day, and just really enjoy the people here! This community is so special, and makes the site so great!

I was devastated by the talk that things were coming to a close, and was not relishing going over to SCF full time, it is just not the site that the Bench is. Nowhere else will ever be the Bench, and I know I am one of many members here who feels that way. I am just thrilled to know that my favorite site is not going anywhere!

Thanks for taking this on, Mike! Pete, congratulations and thank you for moving the site forward!

God bless,

Kevin

Last edited:
Thanks for passing the torch and allowing the site to continue under new ownership.........Your help in keeping this going is much appreciated..........

Hi pete
i just want to thank you for starting this way back when. It was a great start and everyone who has been on here made it great for all and it grew into the greatest and best site on the net thanks a million
i would also like to say it was great meeting you and some of the bench memebrs up here in new england when i had the "annual bench golf tournament for about 4 or 5 years we had a lot of fun and got to meet some great gentleman from the bench
thanks again pete

hi mike
just want to thank you for taking over this fantanstic site and hope it thrives much more and wish you great success
chieftazmisty
also known as chief or tom

Thanks Pete!! I'm very happy to hear that this site will live on. Best membership of all the sites!!

Thanks Pete for everything. I think we will all miss you. But this is great news for the site as it was always the best.
Welcome Mike we all look forward to things to come.

Rich

Wow, I joined in August of 2003 didn't realize I am that much of an old timer. I had some ebbs and flows with posting and trading but am back since February and looking forward to what we have in store as a community.

Mike,Thanks for help saving the Bench? If you need any help , there are a few managers and coaches will be glad to help and also a few members that know a lot about how to help.just ask. Also we have a big project that we have been doing for the last 12 years? Did Pete tell you about it.
Good luck and thanks again.
Leon