Welcome Back!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike121

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Welcome back! You're now visiting The Bench on the new server.

As stated before the move, the Trade Manager should be working now. We also have an updated SSL certificate installed on the site.

If you notice any problems, please post those in this thread so I can work to get them fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks, and enjoy the site.

That was a quick change over. Thanks Mike. Really happy that the Bench will continue.

Mike just tried to fill out the Trade Manger with address etc. It did not take.

Also notice that this thread has 2 posting on it. It should come up when you hit NEW POST icon, but it does not.

Rich

Last edited:
thanks -- that didn't take long at all.

one thing to look at someday: The Bench has been flagged by my virus scanner for quite a while now - JSCoinminer Website 5 detected

Mike just tried to fill out the Trade Manger with address etc. It did not take.

Thanks, Rich. I'll take a look at that and get it fixed asap.

one thing to look at someday: The Bench has been flagged by my virus scanner for quite a while now - JSCoinminer Website 5 detected

Thanks, I've never even heard of that but I'll do some research and see what we need to do to get that taken care of.

A few noticed things.

1) When I logged in, it did not automatically redirect me to the main site. Had to click the "did not redirect" link.

2) I've made 4 replies to 4 posts, none of which are showing up when I click the New Posts link.

Ok, I'll look into the redirect. It probably has something to do with the SSL.

As far as the new posts, that page should only show posts that are "new" to you, meaning ones you haven't yet read.

I tried to enter my address in the TM, but it wouldn't take.

EDIT: Just noticed someone else had the same issue.

Thanks,
Dan

Yes, I was able to find the issue with that, I believe. It should be working now, but please let me know if you come across any other issues. You shouldn't have to re-enter your info if you had already entered it at any time before.

For the issue regarding the new posts, please note that clicking the "New posts" link is only going to show you posts that are "new". In other words, posts that you haven't yet seen. If you want to see a list of all the latest posts, you'll need to click the "Today's Posts" link. I've attached a photo here showing where that link can be found.

todays-posts.jpg

Thanks for all the work thus far!

Haven't tried to use the trade manager yet today but I will since I have a couple of trades over the last week that were agreed upon.

One thing I've noticed that is different is the time shown for each post. Now it shows "10 hours ago" or "25 minutes ago" where before I believe it showed the actual date and time which I personally prefer.

EDIT - Seems like my browser also isn't automatically redirecting like it should after on the site in several different instances.

Last edited:
Just as an update, I have found the issue causing the redirect not to work. It has to do with the security content policy we installed on the site. I'm looking into a solution now.

Just as an update, I have found the issue causing the redirect not to work. It has to do with the security content policy we installed on the site. I'm looking into a solution now.

Mike -- My redirect was not working and now it is. Kudos to you and thank-you for everything!!

Karl

Oh, and our Bench points showing up again under our avatar............."Pardon me while I stand and applaud!"

My redirect was not working and now it is.

The fix for this is a temporary one until I can come up with a permanent solution, but as long as it doesn't break anything else we'll roll with it for a while.

The Bench has been flagged by my virus scanner for quite a while now - JSCoinminer Website 5 detected

Can you please confirm whether The Bench is still being flagged? Also, if so, can you give me some more information about it? For example, is it on all pages? Does your virus detection give any specific details as to which file, exactly, it is flagging? As much information as you can give me will be helpful.

I'm thinking it might have to do with the ads that were being shown, so I've temporarily disabled those, but if it's still flagging the site there may be something else I need to look at. The question is, what is it?

It's nice to see that for the first time in at least 2 years when I come on the site my browser says it's secure!!!!!!

Thanks for getting the site upgraded.

Dan

Hi Mike. First off, thanks for all your help on making The Bench the best card trading site!

Not sure if this is related to the server switch, but I'm having trouble with Tapatalk on my phone, and not being able to link The Bench to Tapatalk. I tried removing The Bench (I had it linked prior), then adding back but I'm getting a network error message.

Thanks, Scott