2020 Bowman 1st edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Out of the blue this product came out before 2020 Bowman......very little in the hobby news.....most hobby stores only got notice by e-mail and they had like one or two days to get their orders in.....will this happen again when 2020 Bowman Chrome comes out later this year??? 2020 Bowman Chrome 1st edition????? Will this happen again when 2020 Bowman draft comes out at the end of the year? 2020 Bowman Draft 1st edition???

I don't think there is going to be a Bowman Chrome 1st edition nor a Bowman Draft 1st edition...but then again who knows what Topps will do..the Bowman 1st edition sold well because of Jasson Dominguez..if there is going to be a Bowman Chrome 1st edition set will it be Jasson Dominguez who drives that set or maybe Wander Franco...if there's 1st edition Bowman Draft who will drive that set ? Spencer Torkelson ? the 1st pick in this years MLB draft

Don't you think in the long run....their hurting their own products by doing this.......Little warning and your have one or two days to decide?

I believe Bowman 1st only came out because the Corona Virus limited the real presses from churning out regular Bowman in time.

I think that if Topps has their full printing capacity up and running for products going forward, there won’t be any more Bowman 1st products for Chrome and Draft.

That said though, they sold really well (via Topps website), so I think more products like this (and Topps Sapphire) will be marketed directly to the consumer through their website in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Bowman 1st only came out because the Corona Virus limited the real presses from churning out regular Bowman in time.

I think that if Topps has their full printing capacity up and running for products going forward, there won’t be any more Bowman 1st products for Chrome and Draft.

That said though, they sold really well (via Topps website), so I think more products like this (and Topps Sapphire) will be marketed directly to the consumer through their website in the future.

When Topps stopped the presses.......They had finished printing the Bowman for the release....it just sat their waiting to be shipped.....so when did they start the presses again for the bowman 1st edition? Did they break the lock down order? Are the bowman 1st edition and bowman similar cards? Lots of questions!

Topps are getting a lot of the hobby stores upset as their getting less and less products......even the whole sale dealers....which my hobby store contact in advance (months ahead of the bowman)....they asked from three whole sale dealers for 5 boxes of bowman each.....One give them zero boxes....the second one box and the third gave them 2 boxes.....

When Topps stopped the presses.......They had finished printing the Bowman for the release....it just sat their waiting to be shipped.....so when did they start the presses again for the bowman 1st edition? Did they break the lock down order? Are the bowman 1st edition and bowman similar cards? Lots of questions!

Hi David -
Except for the “1st” stamped on them — and that they are mostly paper not chrome — I think Bowman 1st is pretty much the same as Bowman, but I haven’t got any Bowman yet.

As for the presses, I understood that they used different presses — at a location that they could ship from? But the print run was much smaller.

Still lots of questions about things going forward though!
Jeff

Hi David -
Except for the “1st” stamped on them — and that they are mostly paper not chrome — I think Bowman 1st is pretty much the same as Bowman, but I haven’t got any Bowman yet.

As for the presses, I understood that they used different presses — at a location that they could ship from? But the print run was much smaller.

Still lots of questions about things going forward though!
Jeff

Interesting.....Thanks for the information. ....where we're the presses that they used?

I think the little to no warning worked in this instance because collectors were caught off guard and it kinda created a frenzy. Prices went crazy almost immediately. I think they can be successful if they do it once in a while but if they do it too often, it wont be a surprise anymore. I'm still flabbergasted at the success of the Sapphire editions of Topps and Bowman chrome. Some things we'll never figure out I guess.

They hurt .....the hobby stores because most of them were closed because of the virus...so most of them ...did not get it or the notices had short notices like let us know in two days....Not the way to treat your customers.......

MLB needs to step in for their customers and break the power of Topps......like the government did with the power companies......and separate them into smaller companies.