Server Downtime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike121

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Guys, I'm sorry about the site going offline this evening. That was neither planned nor expected. After the backup I created earlier I didn't realize that I was approaching the limit as far as disk space. So then, as soon as I started loading that backup into the database, the server DID run out of disk space! That made the server unreachable for me so I had to contact a support operator at the data center to get it fixed.

The problem was I had about 5 different site backups all layed out on the server from my tests, and the actual server move and never even thought to remove them.

Anyways, the problem is fixed and I'll be upgrading the disk size on this server next week to be sure that doesn't happen again.

So sorry, y'all!

Bear with me folks...trying to get some of these issues resolved is turning out to be a little more difficult than I'd thought.