Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
New member here! Due to a job loss due to the virus I decided to get my old baseball cards out of the closet. They have been untouched for the last 25 years.

Unfortunately I only collected during the 80s. So trying to finish sets from the junk era. Also looking for ideas on how to get rid of what I have left from this era. Donate somehow, put in recycle bin, etc. any ideas appreciated.

Welcome aboard, Greg! Sorry to hear you lost your job. I'm hoping this crap will get out of here, or they find a vaccine soon!

Also, good luck with your collection. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out with your sets.

New member here! Due to a job loss due to the virus I decided to get my old baseball cards out of the closet. They have been untouched for the last 25 years.

Unfortunately I only collected during the 80s. So trying to finish sets from the junk era. Also looking for ideas on how to get rid of what I have left from this era. Donate somehow, put in recycle bin, etc. any ideas appreciated.

Welcome Greg!! You should have no problem finishing sets from those years on this site. There are plenty of people who have those cards available and would LOVE to trade them. As to getting rid of the unwanted cards from the junk years (which I am sorry to say they are known as), I listed a bunch on Facebook Market Place. I sold roughly 100,000 cards and listed them at 100.00 and was happy to take 75.00. There are a re lot of people who thought they were going to put their kids through college with that stuff and unfortunately it did not happen. I really wish I would would have concentrated on the 1957 Topps set instead of the 1987 Topps set.

Welcome Greg!! You should have no problem finishing sets from those years on this site. There are plenty of people who have those cards available and would LOVE to trade them. As to getting rid of the unwanted cards from the junk years (which I am sorry to say they are known as), I listed a bunch on Facebook Market Place. I sold roughly 100,000 cards and listed them at 100.00 and was happy to take 75.00. There are a re lot of people who thought they were going to put their kids through college with that stuff and unfortunately it did not happen. I really wish I would would have concentrated on the 1957 Topps set instead of the 1987 Topps set.

Yeah I could realistically finish 7-8 sets just on the rack packs I bought back then.

Just think if I had bought 1 share of Berkshire Hathaway stock in 87 instead of those baseball cards?

Hi Greg
welcome aboard
enjoy your tradin here on the bench and enjoy the seat
if you want to send me a couple of list of what you are looking would be glad to help you out
later
chieftazmisty

Another option is to sell them at a garage or lawn sale assuming you are allowed to have one in your state. New York just OK'd those type of sales starting last Friday. Price them to sell and you very well may get rid of them.

Welcome to The Bench and good luck on getting rid of your unwanted cards.

Oh and be careful of what you consider the "Junk era". I certainly do not consider cards from 1980-1985 to be junk. Some of the cards from 1986-1989 I would not condier junk either.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site --If you want I have "junk era" cards listed on MY SITE link in sig--Just click on the appropriate link to the left--I would trade equal 'junk wax" for equal junk wax as long as I don't have any of that set listed

Welcome to the site --If you want I have "junk era" cards listed on MY SITE link in sig--Just click on the appropriate link to the left--I would trade equal 'junk wax" for equal junk wax as long as I don't have any of that set listed

I don’t see a web address after my site. Do you want to post it or send it to me?

Welcome Greg, happy to have you here on our New and Improved Bench! This is an awesome community full of great people, very friendly and generous traders, so happy to have you among us!

Blessings,

Kevin