Can you increase PM storage size limits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaydub

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I was wondering if with all the recent improvements, if you could consider increasing the current PM mailbox size from a max of 250 to something higher? For an active trader it doesn't take all that long to max out the limit with incoming and outgoing messages and it's nice to be able to have a high enough limit to keep around correspondence for at least a few months.

thanks,
Jeff

Actually, my problem with PMs is the Character Limit. Is it possible for that to be expanded? There is also a character limit in the Trade Manager that can be frustrating at times.

Scobes

So, a few changes have been made here.

First of all, everyone should now have unlimited PM space. If it's not unlimited it should be at least 1,000. If you get close to running out, let me know and I'll look into your account specifically.

Also, I've removed the maximum character limit on both PMs and posts. Well, there is still a limit. It's the database allowable limit of over 16 million characters per post/message. So, yeah, I think y'all should be good to go now.

As for the Trade Manager limit, that's something that's not such an easy fix. So, for now unfortunately, it'll have to remain the same.

So, a few changes have been made here.

First of all, everyone should now have unlimited PM space. If it's not unlimited it should be at least 1,000. If you get close to running out, let me know and I'll look into your account specifically.

Also, I've removed the maximum character limit on both PMs and posts. Well, there is still a limit. It's the database allowable limit of over 16 million characters per post/message. So, yeah, I think y'all should be good to go now.

As for the Trade Manager limit, that's something that's not such an easy fix. So, for now unfortunately, it'll have to remain the same.

thanks...both of those have been annoying issues - albeit minor ones -for me as well....

Sorry, folks, I was wrong on the 16 million+ limit. I mean, that is the current limit but it'll soon be shortened to just over 65,500 because I'm changing the database type. 65k should still be way more than enough, though. The longest post on the forums, currently, is "only" 47,783 characters long, and there are only 21 posts with 40k or more characters. So, everyone should still be good there.

Also, that'll soon be the limit on everything (posts, PMs, and Trade Manager fields).

Sorry, folks, I was wrong on the 16 million+ limit. I mean, that is the current limit but it'll soon be shortened to just over 65,500 because I'm changing the database type. 65k should still be way more than enough, though. The longest post on the forums, currently, is "only" 47,783 characters long, and there are only 21 posts with 40k or more characters. So, everyone should still be good there.

Also, that'll soon be the limit on everything (posts, PMs, and Trade Manager fields).

Amazing! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Trade Manager description length should now be set to 20,000 characters. If anyone has issues there, please let me know.