Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to 3greyhounds's ebay items

It makes a person wonder...

... if ANYONE at Topps is paying attention to quality control!

I just opened two boxes of Series 2. Came up about 20 cards short of a second set (that's another story), but get this...

Pulled the appropriate number of autos, relics, etc., but two things struck me as weird:

1) Each jumbo pack had a 2030 subset card in it. The ones from box #2 DUPLICATED the ones from box #1, right down to the sequence!

2) The '85 relics (one in each box) say on the back, in bold red print,

"CONGRATULATIONS! You have just received a 1985 Topps Baseball Relic Card from 2020 Topps Baseball... Series ONE!" (Note: The numbering is different from the Series 1 relics)

What the heck??? Is anyone in that place paying attention? How can something like this slide through without SOMEBODY saying "uh, guys... this ain't right..."

Rant over. Thanks for listening (or reading),
    Dan
    Collecting Cal Ripken, Rick Dempsey, Buster Posey, and Paul Goldschmidt. Trade links below.

My Want/Tradelist
    Cal Ripken Jr. "Have" List
    Buster Posey "Have" List
    Paul Goldschmidt "Have" List

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to kirbyfan11's ebay items
    I hear ya barking my friend. It's pretty ridiculous. Like I said in my thread about the same type of thing, it seems pretty sad that if you see a certain pattern in the pack you open, it's going to be about half of the same cards.
    "Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us"Kirby Puckett at his retirement speech July 16th 1996

Kirby Puckett Haves 454/3189 14.23 %

Autograph's of Players seen in person 130/1246 10.4%

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    As long as Topps is the only game in town, they can be lazy like this. This is why the 80s were a wakeup call when Donruss and Fleer (and especially when Upper Deck) came along.

Lazy collation especially sucks. That's a tough one, Dan.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items
    Wow! Your 100% correct on the 1985 relic card of Noah Syndergaard Mets......from series one! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Next Sat Contest is a regular contest..back to the old rules and chance for someone to add a good looking auto of Ken Griffey Jr. 2008 UD Heroes Red serial 18/25!!! Contest will be posted on July 18, 2020

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to metsman1986's ebay items
    Go to metsman1986's comc items
    I'm glad I decided that 2019 was my last year for this flagship brand..........I've really not heard one good thing that people are happy with, just complaints............I will do Update though, seems they put a little more thought into that product..........
    mikekestner.com/mm86

Website not compatible with tables or phones yet.......

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by metsman1986 View Post
    I'm glad I decided that 2019 was my last year for this flagship brand..........I've really not heard one good thing that people are happy with, just complaints............I will do Update though, seems they put a little more thought into that product..........
    But the price will be sky high for the updates? Their cutting back on number of products on their orders....I like the updates myself...but not the crazy prices theses days. Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Next Sat Contest is a regular contest..back to the old rules and chance for someone to add a good looking auto of Ken Griffey Jr. 2008 UD Heroes Red serial 18/25!!! Contest will be posted on July 18, 2020

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to 2000Doubles's ebay items
    Go to 2000Doubles's comc items
    Been sorting through my case (probably the last flagship one I will get for a while) and the sequence of base cards is no joke. Sadly, it doesn't just impact hitting the same base cards. Here are 4 of the SPs I hit in my case:

sigh
    Always looking to make a deal. CARDS for TRADE
    Work M-F 7-6 and visit the PO after work.

Have the following Cards for Sale: 2020/2019/2018/2017/2016/2015 and older

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to hitman73's ebay items
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000Doubles View Post
    Been sorting through my case (probably the last flagship one I will get for a while) and the sequence of base cards is no joke. Sadly, it doesn't just impact hitting the same base cards. Here are 4 of the SPs I hit in my case:

sigh
    Being there are 2 Pujols I'd be happy with that but I do see your frustration is justified. On the other hand,there are certainly worse ones you could get than Pujols or Tucker.

Most of us are priced right out of hobby boxes of most everything this year and trying to find blasters at Walmart or Target? Forget about it lol.
    https://sites.google.com/site/brettssportscardpage/
    When trading with me,communication is key.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Four sp and their duplicates! Best regards, David