Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Posts issue

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to sak0309's ebay items

I'm having issues with threads not showing up when I select New Posts. It seems to be a problem only on my threads or on other threads where I have replied.

When I go to the specific forum (e.g., Baseball for Sale/Trade), they show up fine.

Not sure what's going on. Mike, hope you can help. Thanks!

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to lmr21's ebay items
    Hi Chief:

I brought this up a couple of weeks ago, and they told me I had to click on "Today's Posts" to see any thread I have already seen. I have been here for many years and this change is throwing me for a loop.

It just happened to me right now: I saw your post and the main page. Read it and did not reply. Then went back to the main page to reply and the post wasn't there anymore. Had to go to "Today's Post" to find it again.

Me no like this change.

Luis
    I COLLECT PLAYERS FROM PUERTO RICO

I TRADE BY BV WHEN AVAILABLE

MY #'ed cards, Refractors, SPs, and Inserts for trade are in my albums in My Profile

AUTOS: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmzSsnyB
    GU: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmC8gnED

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to sak0309's ebay items
    Quote Originally Posted by criollos View Post
    Hi Chief:

I brought this up a couple of weeks ago, and they told me I had to click on "Today's Posts" to see any thread I have already seen. I have been here for many years and this change is throwing me for a loop.

It just happened to me right now: I saw your post and the main page. Read it and did not reply. Then went back to the main page to reply and the post wasn't there anymore. Had to go to "Today's Post" to find it again.

Me no like this change.

Luis
    Luis, concuerdo completamente.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to lmr21's ebay items
    Quote Originally Posted by chief wahoo View Post
    Luis, concuerdo completamente.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    OK, so now that you wrote something new in this thread (your Post #3), then the thread appeared again in the main page for me.

MY #'ed cards, Refractors, SPs, and Inserts for trade are in my albums in My Profile

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    I added a link into the main navigation for "Today's Posts", just to the left of the "New Posts" link.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    I have not seen any of my new posts in the "New Posts" don't see them at all, anyone else have that issue?
    '70s set builder
    Collecting prospects & RCs
    TTM & IP grapher

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to lmr21's ebay items
    Quote Originally Posted by t.rooster View Post
    I have not seen any of my new posts in the "New Posts" don't see them at all, anyone else have that issue?
    That’s what Chief and I are saying. The new system/program (whatever) is not putting threads on the main “New Posts” page if you have already seen all the responses to that particular thread.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Mike Schmidt

Go to Hoosier_Buddy's ebay items
    That’s what Chief and I are saying. The new system/program (whatever) is not putting threads on the main “New Posts” page if you have already seen all the responses to that particular thread.
    That's because you've seen the most recent post, and there are not any NEW posts.
    Hoosier
    ---------
    Trading Interests:
    Javier Baez, Ernie Banks, Johnny Bench, Kris Bryant, Willson Contreras, Ian Kinsler, Greg Maddux, Mike Schmidt, Corey Seager & Mike Trout. Victor Oladipo. Jordan Howard & Walter Payton

EVERYTHING I have available for trade is on my tradelist page. If it's not on that page, I don't have it. It's really that simple. Hoosier's Tradelist

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Mike Schmidt

Go to Hoosier_Buddy's ebay items
    That's because you've seen the most recent post, and there are not any NEW posts.
    Hoosier
    ---------
    Trading Interests:
    Javier Baez, Ernie Banks, Johnny Bench, Kris Bryant, Willson Contreras, Ian Kinsler, Greg Maddux, Mike Schmidt, Corey Seager & Mike Trout. Victor Oladipo. Jordan Howard & Walter Payton

EVERYTHING I have available for trade is on my tradelist page. If it's not on that page, I don't have it. It's really that simple. Hoosier's Tradelist

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to lmr21's ebay items
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierBuddy View Post

We understand that concept. It’s not just the way it used to be......and we old farts sometimes have trouble with change.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    We understand that concept. It’s not just the way it used to be......and we old farts sometimes have trouble with change.
    The problem is that the system simply was broken before. The threads that you had/hadn't read weren't being recorded accurately so it was showing you "new" threads that weren't even new anymore. I didn't change the system. I actually just fixed it. Ha! I know it'll be tough to get used to because it's different from the way it was before, but hopefully having a "New Posts" and a "Today's Posts" link will help. The "Today's Posts" should show them all, whether you've read them or not, just like the old way the "New Posts" was working.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to lmr21's ebay items
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike121 View Post
    The problem is that the system simply was broken before. The threads that you had/hadn't read weren't being recorded accurately so it was showing you "new" threads that weren't even new anymore. I didn't change the system. I actually just fixed it. Ha! I know it'll be tough to get used to because it's different from the way it was before, but hopefully having a "New Posts" and a "Today's Posts" link will help. The "Today's Posts" should show them all, whether you've read them or not, just like the old way the "New Posts" was working.
    Exactly. I don't think any of us were complaining. We were just trying to figure out what was going on, which is different to what we were used to. No harm, no foul.

Please understand that we thought that our new threads or our "bumped" threads were not getting to the front of the line in the main page. Now we understand that that is not the case; is just that because we have already seen it, it's not going to show up in our main page until a new post is written on that thread. We got it now.

Thank you for all the help and explanation.

Luis

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to anglinomics's ebay items
    I'm thinking that the post may not be new to you, but others should see the posts as new. When I'm looking for my own threads, I use the option that is already available for that. Look under "Quick Links" and you should see subscribed threads.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by anglinomics View Post
    I'm thinking that the post may not be new to you, but others should see the posts as new.
    Yes, the New Posts page is different for everyone, depending on the threads/posts that they've already seen/read.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items
    I love u man! You made me laugh...during this stressful time your worth your weight in gold! Stay Safe! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.